- 6 Bedrooms
- 5.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fire Extinguisher
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUNIT NAME: Palmetto Cottage
CLUB MEMBERSHIP: This home has a Social Membership which gives you access to the 2 community pools at the Beach Club and dining.
DETAILS: Are you looking for a place to relax in style? Then the Palmetto Cottage home is just the place to relish your holiday.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: Sleeps 15
Master Bedroom: King Bed Private Bathroom
Guest Bedroom: King Bed
Guest Bedroom: Twin Beds
This King bedroom and the Twin bedroom share a Bathroom
Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed
Guest Bedroom: Bunk Beds with Trundle
This Queen Bedroom and the Bunk Room share a Bathroom
Guest Bedroom: Twin Beds Private Bathroom
AMENITIES: This polished 5500 square foot oceanfront home includes: 6 bedrooms; 4.5 baths; two levels of screen porches of over 1500 square feet; a vaulted ceiling dining room that seats up to 12; gracious living areas with two fireplaces; flat screen TVs; outdoor shower copious parking; gas grille and wireless internet. Most superb of all you can take the homes meandering boardwalk to your own private shorefront sitting area that agreeably seats up to 12 people. Please adhere to the no smoking and no pet policy set forth by the owner.
SUMMER CHECK IN DAY: Friday
AVAILABLE SERVICES: Every guest has the opportunity to rent beach chairs beach umbrellas bicycles and kayaks. We can also arrange for grocery delivery in home chefs. We can even set you up with a qualified babysitter. Here at DeBordieu Units we are proud to bring you this amazing home and a unique set of services that make a holiday really memorable.
COMMUNITY: DeBordieu Colony is a very private oceanfront gated community located near Pawleys Island South Carolina on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. Most homes and villas offer onsite private DeBordieu Club luxuries such as golf tennis and multiple dining options to DeBordieu Units visitors. Our natural niceties include miles of beach and tidal creeks an on-site nature preserve with walking trails and bicycle paths and a stimulating year round climate. DeBordieu is more than a holiday destination it is also home to a modest number of fortunate folks that savor the peerless Low Country Lifestyle as either permanent residents or second home owners. Come visit DeBordieu for a few days or a week and you may decide to stay forever.
ACTIVITIES: Beach Swimming Boating Off Shore Fishing On Shore Fishing Championship Golf Har Tru Clay Tennis Courts Top Golf Surf Fishing Paddle Boarding Museums Plantation Tours Wildlife Reserves Sculpture and Botanical Gardens Shopping Historic Tours and Culinary Adventures. PLUS we are only an hour from Charleston and 45 mins. from Myrtle Beach.
ENHANCED CLEANING, DISINFECTION AND SANITIZATION: Our number one priority is the wellbeing and safety of our visitors. Our units are cleaned and sanitized by professionally trained and supplied housekeeper employees give greater security, quality and accountability. We do not utilize third event cleaning companies. We use CDC housekeeping protocols, approved disinfectants and personal protection equipment. Our units are private, well maintained, hygienic and sanitized. A whole safe and private space just for you and your family. Our linens and terry are cleaned and sanitized at our commercial laundry. For full details, please review our Enhanced Housekeeping documentation at https://www.peaceful-vacations.com/about/tranquility-cleaning-disinfection-sanitization.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most official tourism bureaus will offer you printed guide books with special offers for lodging, restaurants and activities. Be on the lookout for these books and promotional books, because this allows visitors to enjoy the very same terrific activities at a frequently significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to switch your dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons can offer incredible rates on rentals.
- Plenty of management companies and owners offer savings for active and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or returning travelers to the same vacation home. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting group qualifies for a discount.
- Some vacation rentals are essentially designed to serve particular customers, whether it is beachfront units with pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own windsurfing launching areas. You'll receive the best value from a rental which most directly satisfies your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers travellers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed due to health-related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
General Rental property Tips & Tricks
You might be shocked to learn how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. With such a big selection, guests are sure to select a property which fits their wishes and spending budget.
The majority of rentals in Georgetown, SC are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management agencies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, technology and knowledge to provide convenient operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Here are some tips and tricks to help you understand the rental home search and reservation process.
How to find and reserve the right rental home:
Before you decide to book "Relax and Enjoy the Spectacular Views in this Picturesque Home", examine our short collection of factors to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Georgetown, SC rental properties are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. To assure the most desirable selection of homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Georgetown, SC getaway Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings are a great time for families to plot their Summer trips..
Select a Community and Time
Start by determining which particular area of Georgetown, SC you would like to browse, and the determine trip dates.
Choose a Size
Establish who is traveling, and how many/what particular bedroom setup you'll need. Consider that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. If not, contact the property owner before you reserve the home.
Have a Spending Limit
Make sure that "Relax and Enjoy the Spectacular Views in this Picturesque Home" suits your price range *during your desired dates*. If several individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, confirm that everyone knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be liable for the full reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is the family searching for? Are you looking for a vacation property with outside dining area? Does the unit need to be beachfront, in town, or in close proximity to wildlife? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included in your rental property rate? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wants" from your company to help filter your search to the most appropriate property.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Adequate access can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, factor that into your search. Nearly all vacation home listings include a list of amenities.
Remember to include your companion! Pets are welcome at a number of vacation homes, but policies differ. Make certain to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when animals are included.
Where to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local rental homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local companies often have an exclusive assortment of rentals daily and weekly.
When you have located the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Study the Total Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Rental management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base rental home cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
As soon as you believe you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the home owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your stay.
Good luck on booking your rental home! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages when you arrive. If you discover wear and tear, or if fixes are required contact the home manager immediately. If there is a dispute about liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts could be incredibly helpful.
- You might need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Call your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a vacation a little more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of advice. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for shopping?
- Remember to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damages. We suggest walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Many vacation rental management companies and rental websites make it easy for customers to provide comments. If the rental home and/or property manager was first-rate, they'll appreciate your compliments. If anything was wrong and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you will want to make it a point in your feedback.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with your family. Did everyone have a blast? Maybe everything was ideal and you're all set to re-book the same property for next year. If the rental property wasn't ideal, and you'll better understand how to improve your search for the next time.