- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Ice Maker
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUNIT NAME: Palmetto Cottage
CLUB MEMBERSHIP: This home has a Social Membership which gives you access to the 2 community pools at the Beach Club, and dining.
DETAILS: Are you looking for a place to relax in style? Then the Palmetto Cottage home is just the place to adore your holiday.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: Sleeps 15
- Master Bedroom: King Bed, Private Bathroom
- Gust Bedroom: King Bed
- Guest Bedroom: Twin Beds
- This King bedroom and the Twin bedroom share a Bathroom
- Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed
- Guest Bedroom: Bunk Beds with Trundle
- This Queen Bedroom and the Bunk Room share a Bathroom
- Guest Bedroom: Twin Beds, Private Bathroom
AMENITIES: This handsome 5,500 square foot oceanfront home includes: 6 bedrooms; 4.5 baths; two levels of screen porches of over 1,500 square feet; a vaulted ceiling dining room that seats up to 12; gracious living areas with two fireplaces; flat screen TVs; outdoor shower, generous parking; gas grille and wireless internet. Finest of all, you can take the home’s meandering boardwalk to your own private shorefront sitting area that pleasantly seats up to 12 people. Please adhere to the no smoking and no pet policy set forth by the owner.
SUMMER CHECK IN DAY: Friday
AVAILABLE SERVICES: Every guest has the opportunity to rent beach chairs, beach umbrellas, bicycles, and kayaks. We can also arrange for grocery delivery, in home massages, manicures and pedicures. We can even set you up with a qualified babysitter. Here at DeBordieu Units, we are proud to bring you this exceptional home and a unique set of services that make a holiday really memorable.
COMMUNITY: DeBordieu Colony is a very private, oceanfront gated community located near Pawleys Island, South Carolina on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. Most homes and villas offer onsite private DeBordieu Club amenities such as golf, tennis, and multiple dining options to DeBordieu Units visitors. Our natural niceties include miles of beach and tidal creeks, an on-site nature preserve with walking trails and bicycle paths, and a enchanting year round climate. DeBordieu is more than a holiday destination, it is also home to a modest number of fortunate folks that appreciate the premium Low Country Lifestyle as either permanent residents or second home owners. Come visit DeBordieu for a few days or a week and you may decide to stay forever.
ACTIVITIES: Beach, Swimming, Boating, Off Shore Fishing, On Shore Fishing, Championship Golf, Har Tru Clay Tennis Courts, Top Golf, Surf Fishing, Paddle Boarding, Museums, Plantation Tours, Wildlife Reserves, Sculpture and Botanical Gardens, Shopping, Historic Tours and Culinary Adventures. PLUS, we are only an hour from Charleston and 45 mins. from Myrtle Beach.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many official tourism bureaus will send printed guides with promotions for accommodations, dining and tours. Search for these magazines and promotional books, as this allows vacationers to experience the same wonderful attractions at a significantly discounted.
- Want to stay away from the crowds? Shoulder seasons special offer outstanding discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be qualified for discount rates. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a reduction.
- Is there a particular experience that you are mainly anticipating during your stay? If there's a specific Georgetown, SC atteaction that you love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Rental companies and individual property owners often offer their guests an opportunity to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, provides travellers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a result of medical related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned motel stay or additional gas.
General Vacation Rental Tips & Tricks
Newcomers are sometimes surprised at the range and wide variety of short-term vacation rentals available in the Georgetown, SC area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Nearly all vacation homes in Georgetown, SC are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their properties, management companies are critical in helping guests with making reservations, check-in, housekeeping, as well as repairs and maintenance problems that may arise.
We've constructed a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation rental experience.
Searching for and reserving the best rental property:
Before you start to book "Enjoy the Tranquility and Ocean Breezes in this Oceanfront Home", review our brief collection of considerations.
Search Early and Often
Like many popular vacation spots, In Georgetown, SC the best vacation rentals are booked early. Booking your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions are a great time for family groups to plan their Summer vacations..
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Begin by figuring out which particular area of Georgetown, SC you'd like to visit, and the determine travel dates.
Choosing an Adequately-Sized Rental
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Keep in mind that many rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible online. If not, communicate with the property manager before you reserve the home.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Most rentals are presented with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your chosen trip. It may be at the high end of the range. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions well before booking an expensive rental home. Most rental documents require a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the group looking for? Do you primarily want a home with a swimming pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Do you desire to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental home payment? Make a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Grandparents will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only condominium on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, include that into your search. Most property listings include a list of amenities.
Are you or other people in the group travelling with a pet dog? Animal friends are welcome at many rental properties, but policies can vary. Type of pet, size and breeds could be restricted. Make sure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
The best places to Search
When the place, travel dates and people are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest vacation rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies take pride in a superior vacation experience.
When you've found your dream rental, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is most effective through the off-season when many rentals sit vacant.
Study the Agreement
You will want to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers reassurance should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
Once you feel you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Put the property manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. To make certain no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. We also recommend immediately calling the rental manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any repairs.
- Should there be any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, swimming pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call prevents many headaches.
- Please be respectful of the local community. Frequently, neighboring households are occupied by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every room of the rental home to make sure that you've gathered all possessions.
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental to verify no damage occurred during your remain. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Most rental home management companies and rental search sites make it easy for travellers to provide feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your praise. If something went wrong, we suggest being kind but straightforward in regards to your rental experience. Top owners and managers will work very hard to correct the problem.
Learn and Improve
Did they enjoy their rental? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic rental. Otherwise, you have acquired valuable experience to aid with the next search.