- As low as $249/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Ecotours nearby
- Fenced yard
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Hiking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- In the city center
- Marina nearby
- Near a hospital
- No pets allowed
- Paper towels
- Power boating nearby
- Shower/tub combination
- Sleeps 6
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
For 102 years, "The Oaks House" is a historic home residing on a live oak lined street and ideally blends the appeal of the 1920s with modern day aesthetics. Front Street is less than a block away and you're just steps from all Downtown Georgetown has to offer.
Historic, warm and inviting accommodations meet the simple modern touches of 2022 in a place where guests can relax and savor the character of this 102 year old home while having everything they'll need for their stay.
**Important Things To Know**
-The upstairs guest room with 2 twin beds is a modest bedroom typical of the early 1900s era. The room and beds are great for kids due to the size. The room/beds will accommodate average sized adults who don't mind sleeping in a smaller room with limited space.
-The temperature can be a few degrees warmer upstairs than it is downstairs due to the age of the home. Both upstairs guest rooms will share their own private bathroom. The downstairs guest room has its own half bathroom, but the only shower is upstairs.
The neighborhood is very peaceful and walkable. The home intersects with Front St, making many eateries and stores available by foot. Walk less than a block and you'll be on Front Street, which is home to many local eateries and stores. The famed Kaminski House & Harborwalk are less than 2 blocks away. The Harborwalk is a waterfront boardwalk that features local eateries, bars, a brewery and the Stores At Fogel Wharf.
-This home is my full time, primary residence. It it listed when I am out of town. You'll have the place to yourself. You will have access to the entire home (except for my personal room). On occasion, there may be mail/deliveries arriving.
I will be available 24/7 via phone/text
About the Area
Located in Georgetown, this vacation home is in the city center. Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club and Caledonia Golf and Fish Club are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Hobcaw Barony and DeBordieu Beach. Motor boating and fishing offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with hiking/biking trails and cycling nearby.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
How to get the best Georgetown vacation home experience:
Get the best value:
- Book your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often open twelve months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacations during Winter holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Booking your Georgetown, SC vacation rental in Spring or Fall is a great way to save money on your vacation home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of suitable properties. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Georgetown, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your group qualifies for a special rate.
- Property managers often offer renters an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for details.
- Look for your local Georgetown, SC visitors guide magazine when you check-in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitors guide magazines contain discounts for nearby tours, shops, and attractions.
Make a plan and pick a perfectrental:
- To start, have your family decide on the best dates and a budget.
- Note the number beds and the bed configuration your family needs. Entire 102 Yr Old Historic+Minimal Georgetown Home has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is regularly accessible online. If they are not listed, email or call the property manager before reserving the vacation home. Remember that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your rental agreement! Extra fees or costs could be applied to your invoice.
- If there's a particular Georgetown, SC attraction you are enamored with, look for rentals that are either near by, or those that cater to your requirements.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available before booking.
Know before you go:
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Save the instructions to your phone, and take a printed backup.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Protect the owner (and your things!) by locking and securing the home when you are out, just like you would back home.
- Record any issues with the rental during check in, and immediately send them to the owner. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be valuable if damages are assessed.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant vacationers bothering your peaceful neighborhood. Practice the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and attractions you would have never otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Double-check every room of the property to make sure that you've packed all of your belongings on check-out day. Re-check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property owners rely on good feedback to stimulate future reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.
- Georgetown County Museum - 0.2 miles
- Rice Museum - 0.3 miles
- East Bay Park - 0.8 miles
- Georgetown Arcelor Mittal - 0.5 miles
Ready to book Entire 102 Yr Old Historic+Minimal Georgetown Home?Book Online Get Information Call: