- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis home is about 1/4 mile from the beach. Privately tucked away, this beach home overlooks Yahanny Canal including living and dining rooms, plunge pool roughly 7 feet deep (hot tub not available), wood burning fireplace, TV's ,Living room TV is in the white cabinet, DVD, audio system, charcoal grille, decks, screened and open porches. DeBordieu Colony is a very private, oceanfront gated community located near Pawleys Island, South Carolina on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. Most homes and villas offer onsite private DeBordieu Club luxuries such as golf, tennis, and multiple dining options to DeBordieu Units visitors. Our natural niceties include miles of beach and tidal creeks, an on-site nature preserve with walking trails and bicycle paths, and a handsome year round climate. DeBordieu is more than a holiday destination. It is also home to a modest number of fortunate folks that savor the peerless Lowcountry Lifestyle as either permanent residents or second home owners. Come visit DeBordieu for a few days or a week and you may decide to stay forever. This home has a Sports Membership which gives you access to the 2 pools at the Beach Club, dining, tennis and golf. This home is a Friday to Friday rental during the Summer and any time in the off season. Internet Access available and TVs in living room and every bedroom. Please adhere to the no smoking and no pet policy set forth by the owner.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many rental owners and rental properties supply Georgetown, SC area travel discount books which feature promotions, either offered independently by merchants, or via a relationship between the property manager and the local store itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental search.
- Able to modify your trip dates? Shoulder seasons special offer impressive discounts.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of management companies offer discount rates to vets and active-duty forces. Make sure to check with property owner to see if your travelling group qualifies for a special offer.
- Some homes are particularly designed for particular groups of guests. Event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some homes cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are positioned close to night life. You'll get the most value from a home which most closely matches your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Management companies and individual rental home owners generally offer their clients the option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed resulting from personal health emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental property Advice
Some people are surprised to discover the number of vacation rentals are located in their area of interest. With such a wide selection, guests are sure to select a property that suits their desires and price range.
The majority of rental homes in Georgetown, SC are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and expertise to provide painless operational management on behalf of the property owner..
We have developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your rental property experience.
How to find and reserve the best rental property:
Do you believe " Stunning Upscale Lakeside Home " is the perfect rental property for your next family vacation? Browse through this checklist to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Georgetown, SC vacation rentals are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation home..
Decide on a Village and Date
Begin by picking which particular area of Georgetown, SC you want to explore, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Just How Many Beds?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that that many rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the party. Most rental home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Exactly What Are You Prepared to Pay?
The majority of vacation homes are presented with a price range. Confirm the cost for your selected week. It may be at the top end of the range. If many groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, always make sure each group knows their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. One member of your party needs to be given the task of gathering contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the entire rental price at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the group looking for? Do you just desire a vacation rental with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or volleyball court? Does the property need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to wildlife? Will the home have bicycles and beach toys available for use throughout your stay? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and preferences" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Elderly guests will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condo on the Third floor. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, include that into your search. Nearly all property postings will include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Needs a Holiday, Too
Do not forget to include your companion! Animal guidelines are different at each property. Study descriptions carefully. Many limitations might eliminate a potential rental home. Read your agreement carefully! Service fees may apply when animals are added. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Where to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Besides offering exceptional rental properties, local agencies provide fantastic service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to confirm the home has everything you need. If something is missing, the property management company might know of comparable properties that better suit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an additional night. This is more effective throughout the off-season when many homes sit vacant.
Study the Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy before reserving. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you relief should tragedy strike.
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will probably have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the property manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- To make certain no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. If you find wear and tear, or if repairs are required get in touch with the rental manager right away.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A brief phone call avoids many hassles.
- Be considerate of the local community. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a visit significantly more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people are a terrific source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best places for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Clean up a bit. Regardless of whether you're spending money on a cleaning fee, The property should be in good condition. Kitchen sinks full of dirty dishes, surplus beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be addressed before leaving.
- As soon as everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure no property damage occurred during your remain. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Most vacation rental management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for renters to provide comments. If your rental home and/or property manager was top notch, they'll appreciate your praise. If something went wrong, we advise being pleasant but genuine about your rental experience. The best owners and managers will try very hard to fix the problem.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Did everyone have a blast? Maybe everything turned out to be wonderful and you are all set to reserve the same property for next season. If the rental home wasn't perfect, and you will better recognize how to refine your search for the next time.