- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySea Spray is located on the southern part of DeBordieu with impressive vistas of the sea. This oceanfront home includes 5 bedrooms, 4.5 baths with sizable kitchen and dining area. Living room with wet bar, TVs, DVDs, audio system, wireless internet, 2 new ice makers, one in kitchen next to the sink and one at wet bar, screened porch, outdoor space, outdoor shower, fish sink and gas grille. New for 2018, a new bedroom off of the kitchen + bath. DeBordieu Colony is a very private, oceanfront gated community located near Pawleys Island, South Carolina on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. Most homes and villas offer onsite private DeBordieu Club luxuries such as golf, tennis, and multiple dining options to DeBordieu Units visitors. Our natural niceties include miles of beach and tidal creeks, an on-site nature preserve with walking trails and bicycle paths, and a invigorating year round climate. DeBordieu is more than a holiday destination, it is also home to a modest number of fortunate folks that relish the choice Lowcountry Lifestyle as either permanent residents or second home owners. Beach Access is located to the left of the home, just steps away. Come visit DeBordieu for a few days or a week and you may decide to stay forever. This home has a Sports Membership which gives you access to the 2 pools at the Beach Club, dining, tennis and golf. This home rents Friday to Friday in Summer and any time during the off season. No smoking/no family dogs and cats.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the official tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus offer printed guide books with savings for accommodations, dining and attractions. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Willing to alter your dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum pricing.
- Are you a military veteran? Some property management companies offer discount rates to veterans and active-duty military. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a markdown.
- Some vacation rentals are essentially designed to serve particular customers, whether it is downtown units with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature private kiteboarding launching areas. You should prioritize your proximity to the activities and attractions you are most looking forward to.
- Think about investing in trip insurance with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
First-timers are often times shocked at the number and wide range of short-term vacation rentals available in the Georgetown, SC area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Nearly all vacation rentals in Georgetown, SC are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their vacation home, management companies are critical in assisting travellers with reserving, checking-in, housekeeping, as well as routine maintenance problems that may occur.
We have developed a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental home experience.
Searching for and reserving the right rental home:
Do you think "Charming Home on the Beach with a Screened in Porch Perfect for Relaxation" is the perfect vacation property for your next family vacation? Read this check list to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Frequently
Georgetown, SC vacation homes start booking very early. To ensure the very best selection of homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Georgetown, SC getaway Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for groups to plot their Summer holiday escapes..
Decide on a Community and Date
Quite often, the hardest part of preparing for your vacation is figuring out where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are tackled, everything else becomes simplier and easier.
Just How Many Beds?
Confirm who is going, and how many/what kind of bedroom configuration you'll need. Remember that that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. Otherwise, contact the property owner before you reserve the home.
Establish Your Budget
Most rental homes are marketed with a price range. Determine the cost for your chosen week. It may be at the high end of the range. If several individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, make sure that everyone understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to pay. One individual in your group will have to be responsible for collecting payments and agreeing to responsibility for the complete rental cost at time of booking.
Make a List of "Wants" and "Needs"
What amenities is the family looking for? Is a pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a rental property with outside dining area? Will the unit need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or close to shopping? Are sheets offered with the rental, or will you need to bring your own? Gather a list of "needs and desires" from your party to help narrow your search to the perfect property.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Elderly guests will thank you for not renting a stairs-access-only condominium on the 3rd floor. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Are you or other individuals in the family visiting with a pet dog? Dog guidelines are different at each rental property. Read descriptions carefully. Examine your contract very carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *well before* you book!
The best places to Search
Once the location, travel dates and attendees are decided, search multiple sources for the best rental home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local vacation homes" for local rental management companies. Local agencies often times have a unique collection of rental properties daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified your dream rental, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. This is most effective through the off-season when many properties sit empty.
Study the Entire Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the regular fee, vacationers have to pay local taxes when booking "Charming Home on the Beach with a Screened in Porch Perfect for Relaxation", as well as various other additional fees which may be mandatory depending on their situation, including an animal fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you'd like to Cancel
Ensure that you understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. Vacation home management companies and home owners typically offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed due to personal health-related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental Property
As soon as you think you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. Bear in mind that most rental agreements require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation rental owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Put the rental manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your stay.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. We also advise immediately phoning the rental manager with a report of any damage, together with your request for any repairs.
- Ask questions. You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call helps prevent many head aches.
- Be respectful of the local community. Frequently, neighboring homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a visit considerably more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of advice.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Make sure that you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinetry and cabinets.
- When your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental to make sure no damage occurred in the course of your remain. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Just about all rental home management companies and rental websites permit customers to give comments. If your property and/or property manager was top notch, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we advise being understanding but sincere about your stay. Top property owners and managers will work hard to solve the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Did they feel about the rental choice? Maybe everything turned out to be perfect and you're ready to re-book the rental home for next year. Maybe the rental wasn't perfect, and you will better understand how to refine your search next time.