- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Communal Pool
- Ice Maker
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUNIT NAME: Porte Maillot
LOCATION: Near Sea
CLUB MEMBERSHIP: This home has a Tennis Membership which gives you access to the 2 community pools at the Beach Club, dining and tennis.
DETAILS: Just a brief walk to DeBordieu Beach, you will find Porte Maillot, a dazzling low-country style 5 bedroom, 4.5 bathroom home set gorgeously among trees that look across to the sea from its front porches and onto a peaceful Lagoon in the back from a screened dining porch.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: Sleeps 10
- Master Bedroom: King Bed, Private Bathroom with whirlpool tub
- Guest Bedroom: King Bed, Private Bathroom
- Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed
- Guest Bedroom: Twin Beds
This Queen bedroom and Twin bedroom share a bathroom
- Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed, Private Bathroom
AMENITIES INCLUDE: Bright and airy colors all through the handsome decor instantly welcome you to the extravagant, low country lifestyle you will experience while visiting here. Adore time together with up to 10 visitors in the open living/dining room and den. When a day of beach, golf, tennis or other fun activities is done, relax and relax in one of 2 whirlpool tubs. Other amazing niceties featured in this unit include: an intercom, high speed wireless internet, TVs, DVDs, audio system, rent/video library, gas grille, and an outdoor shower. Please adhere to the no smoking and no pet policy set forth by the owner.
SUMMER CHECK IN DAY: Friday
AVAILABLE SERVICES: Every guest has the opportunity to rent beach chairs, beach umbrellas, bicycles, and kayaks. We can also arrange for grocery delivery, in home massages, manicures and pedicures. We can even set you up with a qualified babysitter. Here at DeBordieu Units, we are proud to bring you this marvelous home and a unique set of services that make a holiday really memorable.
COMMUNITY: DeBordieu Colony is a very private, oceanfront gated community located near Pawleys Island, South Carolina on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. Most homes and villas offer onsite private DeBordieu Club comforts such as golf, tennis, and multiple dining options to DeBordieu Units visitors. Our natural niceties include miles of beach and tidal creeks, an on-site nature preserve with walking trails and bicycle paths, and a enchanting year round climate. DeBordieu is more than a holiday destination, it is also home to a modest number of fortunate folks that adore the peerless Low Country Lifestyle as either permanent residents or second home owners. Come visit DeBordieu for a few days or a week and you may decide to stay forever.
ACTIVITIES: Beach, Swimming, Boating, Off Shore Fishing, On Shore Fishing, Championship Golf, Har Tru Clay Tennis Courts, Top Golf, Surf Fishing, Paddle Boarding, Museums, Plantation Tours, Wildlife Reserves, Sculpture and Botanical Gardens, Shopping, Historic Tours and Culinary Adventures. PLUS, we are only an hour from Charleston and 45 mins. from Myrtle Beach.
Just a brief walk to DeBordieu Beach, you will find Porte Maillot, a gorgeous low-country style 5 bedroom, 4.5 bathroom home seated splendidly among trees that look across to the sea from its front porches and onto a peaceful Lagoon in the back from a screened dining porch. Second-floor porches, with vistas of the salt marsh and of the sea complete the scene. Bright and airy colors all over the fashonable decor instantly welcome you to the comfortable, lowcountry lifestyle you will experience while visiting here. Savor time together with up to 10 visitors in the open living/dining room and den. When a day of beach, golf, tennis or other fun activities is done, relax and relax in one of 2 whirlpool tubs. Other magnificant luxuries featured in this unit include: an intercom, high speed wireless internet, TVs, DVDs, audio system, rent/video library, gas grille, and an outdoor shower. DeBordieu Colony is a very private, oceanfront gated community located near Pawleys Island, South Carolina on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. Most homes and villas offer onsite private DeBordieu Club luxuries such as golf, tennis, and multiple dining options to DeBordieu Units visitors. Our natural niceties include miles of beach and tidal creeks, an on-site nature preserve with walking trails and bicycle paths, and a exhilarating year round climate. DeBordieu is more than a holiday destination, it is also home to a modest number of fortunate folks that relish the best Lowcountry Lifestyle as either permanent residents or second home owners. Come visit DeBordieu for a few days or a week and you may decide to make it part of you forever. NO SMOKING. This is a Saturday to Saturday rental. This home has a Tennis Membership which gives you access to the 2 pools at the Beach Club, dining, and tennis. This home rents weekly only and is a Saturday to Saturday rental; unavailable in the Winter. Please adhere to the no smoking and no pet policy set forth by the owners.
- Many property owners and vacation rental properties supply Georgetown, SC area traveller discount magazines which include money-saving promotions, either offered independently by vendors, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the local vendor itself. These guides can provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Flexible about when you might visit? Shoulder seasons feature incredible savings.
- Are you a military veteran? Several property management companies offer discounts to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some rental homes are basically designed to serve particular vacationers, whether it's downtown units with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own kiteboarding launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and sight-seeing opportunities you are most excited about.
- Think about getting trip insurance with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, offers visitors reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed a result of personal health-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
The Rental Process
You might be shocked to find out how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, renters are certain to come across a rental which fits their expectations and spending plan.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Owners often select management companies to assist with advertising campaigns, cleaning and routine maintenance.
Below are some tips and tricks to help you navigate the vacation home search and reservation process.
How to find and book the right rental property:
Before you decide to book "Exquisite Beach House with a Sunny, Open Floor plan Perfect for Entertaining", read through our short list of points to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Georgetown, SC the best rental homes are booked early. Booking your rental 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. A lot of households decide to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Agreement can be tough among members of the family, but once this difficult part is complete everything will quickly drop in place.
Pick a Size
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for the family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available on the internet. Otherwise, get in touch with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Establish Your Budget
The majority of rental homes are marketed with a cost range. Determine the rate for your selected week. It might be at the high end of the range. If several groups or family members are sharing the cost, make sure each group knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. A single individual in your company needs to be responsible for collecting contributions and accepting responsibility for the complete rental cost at time of reservation.
Rental Home Features
What property features is the group trying to find? Are you looking for a rental home with patio kitchen? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Are bed linens included with the rental agreement, or will you need to bring your own? Make a list of "needs and desires" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate rental.
Do some members of your crew have special needs? Make sure to remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Make sure to include your furrry friends. Pets are welcome at a number of rental homes, but policies differ. Examine your contract very carefully! Extra charges may apply when animals are added.
The best places to Search
After the place, dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources to get the best vacation home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. Local rental management companies take pride in a top-quality rental experience.
When you have spotted your dream rental, make sure your trip dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Go Through The Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your price includes all state taxes and fees.
Ensure that you understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. Rental home management companies and property owners typically offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the base rental home price, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed a result of personal hospital emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
Reserve your Rental Home
Once you feel you've found "the one", start the booking process. Remember that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the property owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your stay.
Good luck on booking your vacation home! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- To make sure no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. Call the rental manager immediately to report your findings. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts should be useful.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, house access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager immediately. A quick phone call prevents many head aches.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Many times, surrounding households are occupied by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction.
- Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each space of the vacation property to be sure you've packed all belongings.
- When your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no damage occurred in the course of your stay. If at all possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Just about all property management companies and vacation rental websites allow travellers to provide feedback. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was great, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but sincere with regards to your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will work hard to rectify the problem.
Use Your Experience
Does everyone want to return next year? We hope this guide helped you find a fantastic rental home. If not, you've acquired invaluable rental search experience to help with your next search.