- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUNIT NAME: Palmetto Place
LOCATION: Near Sea
CLUB MEMBERSHIP: This home has a Golf Membership which gives you access to the 2 community pools at the Beach Club, dining, tennis and our champion Pete Dye golf course.
DETAILS: DeBordieu is an experience and not just a destination. The privacy and exclusivity of DeBordieu is 2nd to none. You will not find a more calming and delightful community than DeBordieu Colony. Alluring, 2007 constructed home with striking vistas of the sea. Straightforward access to the undeveloped beach of Hobcaw.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: Sleeps 10
- Master Bedroom: KingBed, Private Bathroom
- Guest Bedroom: King Bed, Private Bathroom
- Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed, Private Bathroom
- Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed, Private Bathroom
- Guest Bedroom: 2 Twin Beds, Private Bathroom
AMENITIES INCLUDE: This appealingly decorated home has a extravagant kitchen with tons of counter space, pantry and all new appliances. Master bedroom suite has wet bar with refrigerator and master bath with whirlpool tub. Many other extras including 2 golf carts, 6 TVs, 6 DVDs, audio system, outdoor shower, fish sink, gas grille, decks, garage, wireless internet. Please adhere to the no smoking and no pet policy set forth by the owner.
SUMMER CHECK IN DAY: Saturday
AVAILABLE SERVICES: Every guest has the opportunity to rent beach chairs, beach umbrellas, bicycles, and kayaks. We can also arrange for grocery delivery, in home massages, manicures and pedicures. We can even set you up with a qualified babysitter. Here at DeBordieu Units, we are proud to bring you this amazing home and a unique set of services that make a holiday really memorable.
COMMUNITY: DeBordieu Colony is a very private, oceanfront gated community located near Pawleys Island, South Carolina on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. Most homes and villas offer onsite private DeBordieu Club amenities such as golf, tennis, and multiple dining options to DeBordieu Units visitors. Our natural niceties include miles of beach and tidal creeks, an on-site nature preserve with walking trails and bicycle paths, and a stimulating year round climate. DeBordieu is more than a holiday destination, it is also home to a modest number of fortunate folks that appreciate the choice Low Country Lifestyle as either permanent residents or second home owners. Come visit DeBordieu for a few days or a week and you may decide to stay forever.
ACTIVITIES: Beach, Swimming, Boating, Off Shore Fishing, On Shore Fishing, Championship Golf, Har Tru Clay Tennis Courts, Top Golf, Surf Fishing, Paddle Boarding, Museums, Plantation Tours, Wildlife Reserves, Sculpture and Botanical Gardens, Shopping, Historic Tours and Culinary Adventures. PLUS, we are only an hour from Charleston and 45 mins. from Myrtle Beach.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many management companies and vacation rental homes supply Georgetown, SC area traveller discount catalogs which feature offers, either offered independently by local companies, or by a partnership between the management company and the local merchant itself. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Flexible about when you can take a trip? Shoulder seasons feature phenomenal promotions.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be eligible for special discounts. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some rentals are basically catered to specific travelers, whether it is soundside units with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a specific Georgetown, SC activity that you love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed a result of health-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen motel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
The Rental Process
Many people are shocked to learn how many vacation rentals are available in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available allows them to find an suitable retreat to accommodate their Georgetown, SC gang, from tranquil condos to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
The vast majority of rentals in Georgetown, SC are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by property owners because they manage the internet marketing and operations..
Below are some tips and techniques to help you understand the rental home search and reservation process.
Where to find and book the best rental home:
Do you believe "Sprawling Home Close to the Beach Club" is the perfect vacation property for your next visit? Browse through this checklist to confirm it fits all of your needs.
Begin Your Search Early
Georgetown, SC rentals start booking early. To guarantee the greatest selection of rental homes, we advise searching and reserving your Georgetown, SC rental home Six-12 months in advance, whenever possible. Many visitors decide to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Find your Spot and Confirm Dates
Sometimes, the toughest portion of preparing for your trip is deciding on where to search, and when. After the big decisions are resolved, the rest is more straightforward.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that many homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, communicate with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Commit to a Budget
Make sure "Sprawling Home Close to the Beach Club" suits your budget *during your desired week*. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before reserving an expensive rental property. Most of the time, one member of the group will be in charge of making the complete reservation and collecting each family member's share.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is the family interested in? Do you just want a vacation home with a swimming pool, spa or volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Will the rental have bikes and body boards available for use as part of your stay? Make a list of "needs and wants" from your group to help narrow your search to the most appropriate property.
Suitable access could make or break a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, include that into your search. Nearly all vacation home listings include a list of amenities.
What About Furry Family Members?
Make sure to include your pets. While a number of rentals permit household pets, guidelines and charges fluctuate per rental. Type of animal, size and dog breeds may be controlled. Study your contract very carefully! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Best places to Search
As soon as the location, dates and family members are decided, search multiple resources for the very best rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies pride themselves on an exceptional rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified your dream rental, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an extra night. Your best potential for a lower rate will be switching to an off-season week.
Study the Contract
Read the whole contract and be sure you fully understand who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy before reserving. Rental home management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives comfort should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Vacation Property
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Make sure to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest saving the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental unit right away. Call the rental manager immediately to report your findings. If there is a difference of opinion about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- You may need instructions for a fireplace, Television or hot tub. Call your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Often, nearby households are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a visit significantly more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction.
- Make certain to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Make sure you've packed all your personal belongings. Sweep each room in the home for forgotten possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, outdoor patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- When your things are all out, do a walk-through of the property to confirm no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. If you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Virtually all rental property web sites ask for feedback after your stay . Owners and property managers will thank you for positive critiques. If something went wrong, we suggest being understanding but straightforward in regards to your experience. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to fix the issue.
Learn from your Experience
Does everyone want to go back? Hopefully this guide steered you to a great rental unit. If not, you've acquired invaluable rental search experience to help with the next search.