- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Considered
- Police Contact
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyStep back into time under the canopy of Live Oak trees lining the streets of a modest historic town, with a bustling downtown filled with dining, shopping and site seeing just a few mins. away. along the waterway, where even boaters tie up to the boardwalk to appreciate an afternoon or evening. Others
use golf carts to drive around town. Walking is common, but substantial street parking for these downtown excursions is available.
This unique, one story home welcomes you with a wide brick walkway from the public sidewalk. Off street parking is available for up to three cars. Street parking is also available.
Enter into this enchanting, newly refreshed with a cavernous den with wood floors that opens onto a huge, well supplied, full kitchen with a constructed in cushion bench with table and chairs, surrounded by windows. Azaleas bloom all around you in the spring. The kitchen overlooks a enormous screened in porch with rocking chairs, wicker chairs and central table; including an exemplary place to entertain or relax and savor your morning coffee ( furbished) or evening libations ( you furnish) after a long active day.
The home has 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths. The queen master bedroom suite with private bath, wood and tile floor. The adjacent bedroom has twin beds with wood doors and painless access to the main bath with a tiled walk-in shower. The third bedroom has a gorgeous, screened fireplace with a queen bed. There are three closets with bountiful hangers.
The backyard is fenced and private. Spring blooming scrubs and trees surround the back yard and modest statues give a garden vibe for your appreciation.
Pawleys Island, home to Public Beaches and the famed Hammock Stores are only 10 miles north and Myrtle Beach is just 35 miles north!
Brook green Gardens is a must see, located 30 miles north in Murrells Inlet! Dining on the waterfront available there also!
Head south and you will find Historic Charleston only 60 miles away. Stop along the way to visit Hopsewee Plantation, birthplace of one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, open for tour and dining in their River Room overlooking the N Santee River. ( Temporary Closed) On the drive don’t miss turning off to visit the historic fishing village, McClellanvile...another rare opportunity to site see and dine on new seafood, locally caught!
So much to do and see. But you can also enjoy the happiness of your home away from home. Cook a full meal ( get new seafood from local dock, Independent Seafood, just three blocks away). Kitchen has a dishwasher and garbage disposal. TV’s are furbished with Roku or Apple in the den and master bedroom. Touring, dining, and experience brochures are supplied. Books and board games are too!
Beach accessories are available for your use in the closet on the back porch closet! A washer and dryer are decorated (just requires TLC in loading.) A water hose is located at the front door to wash off the sand from you feet!
Maybe choice of all, you may bring you modest home trained pet with you so you don’t have to board your little adored one! They will enjoy the home and yard as much as you! You can leave them at the home while on your excursions and they can agreeably wait on your return...windows abound for them to look out!
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus offer promotional guides with savings for lodging, dining and tours. Search for these publications and coupon books, as this allows vacation goers to experience the very same terrific attractions with a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Are your travel dates changeable? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be eligible for cost savings. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a discount.
- Some rentals are basically catered to particular customers, whether it is beachfront rentals with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. You will definitely get the best value from a home that most directly suits your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Think about getting trip insurance with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be pleasantly surprised to find out how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The majority of rental properties in Georgetown, SC are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management agencies. Rental owners typically choose management companies to manage web advertising, house cleaning and maintenance tasks.
We've put together a short guide to help you get the most from your vacation rental experience.
How to find and book a great rental property:
Before you decide to book "Cottage in Historic District, 2 Blocks From Waterfront &10 Close to Beaches; 3/2", examine our brief collection of considerations.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many popular hot spots, In Georgetown, SC the best vacation rentals are booked early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months in advance is recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental home..
Pick a Village and Time
Quite often, the most challenging part of organizing your vacation is figuring out where to search, and when. When the big decisions are hammered out, the rest will be simplier and easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what kind of bedroom configuration you will need. Be mindful that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is suitable for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. If not, email or call the property manager before you reserve the home.
Establish Your Budget
Many vacation homes are marketed with a cost range. Determine the cost for your chosen stay. It might be at the top end of the range. If many individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, make certain each group understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. One member of your group must be given the task of gathering payments and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of reservation.
Vacation home Features
What amenities is your group trying to find? Do you want a rental with patio lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or nightlife? Does the unit have bikes and beach toys available for use throughout your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and desires" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable home.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Optimal accessibility could make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is necessary, include that into your search. Almost all property listings include a list of amenities.
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Are you or other people in the family travelling with a pet? Animals are welcome at many vacation homes, but policies can vary. A number of restrictions could dismiss a prospective vacation property. Make sure you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when animals are included. Ask questions *before* you book!
Start the Search
Many internet resources exist to match renters with rental home owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Local vacation home management companies proudly offer a top-quality vacation experience.
When you have found the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an additional night. The off-season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a lower rate.
Study the Total Agreement
You will want to know which services are included:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Make sure your price includes all state taxes and fees.
Be sure to are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home cost, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal hospital emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
When you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. Bear in mind that most rental agreements require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the home owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your stay.
Good job on booking your rental! You're on the right path to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To ensure no damages are attributed to your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. Get in touch with the property manager right away to report your findings. This will protect against disputes during checkout.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the property manager promptly. A quick phone call helps prevent many head aches.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Permanent residents invariably live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a vacation a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Clean up a bit. Despite the fact that you're paying a house cleaning fee, The property really needs to be in sound condition. Sinks brimming with pots and pans, surplus sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be remedied prior to leaving.
- Once your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental home to verify no damage occurred during your remain. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Most rental management companies and rental websites make it easy for customers to offer reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you will want to make it a point in your critique.
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Does everyone want to return next year? We hope this guide steered you to a great rental home. If the rental property wasn't perfect, and you will better understand how to refine your search for the next trip.
- Georgetown Arcelor Mittal - 1.0 miles