- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Considered
- Police Contact
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyStep back into time under the canopy of Live Oak trees lining the streets of a modest historic town, with a bustling downtown filled with dining, shopping and site seeing just a few mins. away. along the waterway, where even boaters tie up to the boardwalk to adore an afternoon or evening. Others
use golf carts to drive around town. Walking is common, but generous street parking for these downtown excursions is available.
This unique, one story home welcomes you with a wide brick walkway from the public sidewalk. Off street parking is available for up to three cars. Street parking is also available.
Enter into this handsome, newly modernized with a generous den with wood floors that opens onto a sizable, well supplied, full kitchen with a constructed in cushion bench with table and chairs, surrounded by windows. Azaleas bloom all around you in the spring. The kitchen overlooks a enormous screened in porch with rocking chairs, wicker chairs and central table; including an brilliant place to entertain or relax and adore your morning coffee ( furbished) or evening drinks ( you furnish) after a long active day.
The home has 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths. The queen master bedroom suite with private bath, wood and tile floor. The adjacent bedroom has twin beds with wood doors and simple access to the main bath with a tiled walk-in shower. The third bedroom has a alluring, screened fireplace with a queen bed. There are three closets with bountiful hangers.
The backyard is fenced and private. Spring blooming scrubs and trees surround the back yard and modest statues give a garden mood for your appreciation.
Pawleys Island, home to Public Beaches and the famed Hammock Stores are only 10 miles north and Myrtle Beach is just 35 miles north!
Brook green Gardens is a must see, located 30 miles north in Murrells Inlet! Dining on the waterfront available there also!
Head south and you will find Historic Charleston only 60 miles away. Stop along the way to visit Hopsewee Plantation, birthplace of one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, open for tour and dining in their River Room overlooking the N Santee River. ( Temporary Closed) On the drive don’t miss turning off to visit the historic fishing village, McClellanvile...another rare opportunity to site see and dine on new seafood, locally caught!
So much to do and see. But you can also appreciate the bliss of your home away from home. Cook a full meal ( get new seafood from local dock, Independent Seafood, just three blocks away). Kitchen has a dishwasher and garbage disposal. TV’s are decorated with Roku or Apple in the den and master bedroom. Touring, dining, and experience brochures are included. Books and board games are too!
Beach accessories are available for your use in the closet on the back porch closet! A washer and dryer are furbished (just requires TLC in loading.) A water hose is located at the front door to wash off the sand from you feet!
Maybe most great of all, you may bring you modest home trained pet with you so you don’t have to board your little appreciated one! They will savor the home and yard as much as you! You can leave them at the home while on your excursions and they can restfully wait on your return...windows abound for them to look out!
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many established tourism bureaus will offer you guides with special packages for accommodations, restaurants and activities. Search for these publications and promotional books, as this allows visitors to experience the same activities with a sometimes substantial discounted.
- Desire to stay away from packed areas and lower your expenses? Off-peak times provide substantive deals.
- Many management companies and owners offer price reductions for active duty and veteran men and women of the Military, or repeat guests to the same vacation home. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some rental homes are basically catered to particular visitors, whether it's oceanside units with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own boat launching areas. You'll get the best value from a rental that most directly suits your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, offers visitors reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed resulting from personal health emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel stay or additional gasoline.
The Rental Process
You may be pleasantly surprised to uncover how many rentals are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Virtually all rentals in Georgetown, SC are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. Rental owners typically choose management companies to manage promoting and marketing, house cleaning services and maintenance tasks.
We have constructed a short guide to help you get the most from your rental home experience.
Searching for and booking the best rental:
Before you book "Cottage in Historic District, 2 Blocks From Waterfront &10 Close to Beaches; 3/2", read through our brief list of considerations.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many popular hot spots, In Georgetown, SC the best vacation homes are booked very early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, when possible. Holiday gatherings are a great time for family groups to plot their Summer family trips..
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Sometimes, the most challenging part of planning your vacation is choosing where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, the rest becomes simpler.
Exactly How Much Rental Do You Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for the family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you book.
Determine Your Budget
Most vacation homes are presented with a cost range. Determine the price for your chosen stay. It could be at the high end of the range. If several groups or family members are sharing the cost, make sure everybody understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental documents call for a single person to be liable for the entire reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is the group trying to find? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental rate? Create a list of priority amenities to facilitate filter your search.
Do members of your group have specific needs? If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation rental postings include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Don't forget to include your companion! While many vacation homes permit animal friends, guidelines and fees vary per rental. Type of pet, size and dog breeds might be limited. Study your contract thoroughly! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Local agencies will have a unique selection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your best possibility of a lower rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Read through the Total Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular charge, guests have to pay local taxes when booking "Cottage in Historic District, 2 Blocks From Waterfront &10 Close to Beaches; 3/2", as well as various other fees that may be required based upon their circumstances, including a pet fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to reserving. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental home rate, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal health care emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your stay.
Congratulations on booking your rental! You're on your way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Contact the property manager right away to report your observations.
- If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents often live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a trip a good deal more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Tidy up a little bit. Even when you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The rental home is required to be in good shape. Kitchen sinks stuffed with dirty dishes, substantial sand on the floors and sticky messes ought to be addressed prior to leaving.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one last time and look for damage. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Many property management companies and rental home sites allow customers to give feedback. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was top notch, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we suggest being kind but genuine with regards to your stay. Top owners and managers will work hard to solve the situation.
Use Your Experience
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did they feel about the rental? If everything was perfect, next year's family vacation planning will be painless. If not, you've gained valuable experience to help with the next search.
- Georgetown Arcelor Mittal - 1.0 miles