- 7 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fire Extinguisher
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUNIT NAME: Puffins South
LOCATION: Near Sea
CLUB MEMBERSHIP: This home has a Social Membership which gives you access to the 2 community pools at the Beach Club and dining.
DETAILS: Adore peaceful in this impressive 7 bedroom 6 bath home with screened and open porches calming enormous living and just a brief walk to the beach. Puffins South is ready to welcome your family for a inviting holiday in this sunny home. This home includes an open floor plan which accepts the whole group to be together after a inviting day on the beach. This home is a Friday to Friday rental in the Summer; can rent any time in the off season. Please adhere to the no smoking and no pet policy set forth by the owners.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: Sleeps 15
Master Bedroom: King Bed Private Bathroom
Guest Bedroom: King Bed Private Bathroom
Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed Private Bathroom
Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed Private Bathroom
Guest Bedroom: Two Twin Beds Private Bathroom
Guest Bedroom: Three Twin Beds Shared Bathroom
Guest Bedroom: Two Twin Beds Shared Bathroom
AMENITIES INCLUDE: Elevator high speed wireless Internet numerous TVs gas grille ping pong table outdoor shower garage and is supplied with books toys puzzles and games as well as a pack & play high chair and booster seat.
SUMMER CHECK IN DAY: Friday
AVAILABLE SERVICES: Every guest has the opportunity to rent beach chairs beach umbrellas bicycles and kayaks. We can also arrange for grocery delivery and in home chef services. We can even set you up with a qualified babysitter. Here at DeBordieu Units we are proud to bring you this amazing home and a unique set of services that make a holiday really remarkable.
COMMUNITY: DeBordieu Colony is a very private oceanfront gated community located near Pawleys Island South Carolina on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. Most homes and villas offer onsite private DeBordieu Club amenities such as golf tennis and multiple dining options to DeBordieu Units visitors. Our natural niceties include miles of beach and tidal creeks an on-site nature preserve with walking trails and bicycle paths and a invigorating year round climate. DeBordieu is more than a holiday destination it is also home to a modest number of fortunate folks that appreciate the choice Low Country Lifestyle as either permanent residents or second home owners. Come visit DeBordieu for a few days or a week and you may decide to stay forever.
ACTIVITIES: Beach, Swimming, Boating, Off Shore Fishing, On Shore Fishing, Championship Golf, Har Tru Clay, Tennis Courts, Top Golf, Surf Fishing, Paddle Boarding, Museums, Plantation Tours, Wildlife Reserves, Sculpture and Botanical Gardens, Shopping, Historic Tours, and, Culinary Adventures. PLUS we are only an hour from Charleston and 45 mins. from Myrtle Beach.
ENHANCED CLEANING, DISINFECTION AND SANITIZATION: Our number one priority is the wellbeing and safety of our visitors. Our units are cleaned and sanitized by professionally trained and supplied housekeeper employees give greater security, quality and accountability. We do not utilize third event cleaning companies. We use CDC housekeeping protocols, approved disinfectants and personal protection equipment. Our units are private, well maintained, hygienic and sanitized. A whole safe and private space just for you and your family. Our linens and terry are cleaned and sanitized at our commercial laundry. For full details, please review our Enhanced Housekeeping documentation at https://www.calm-vacations.com/about/peaceful-cleaning-disinfection-sanitization.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental managers and rental homes provide Georgetown, SC area travel discount guides that feature money-saving offers, either offered individually by vendors, or by way of a partnership between the property manager and the local business itself. These guides may provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Willing to alter your trip dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons frequently offer terrific rates on rentals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some vacation rental companies provide special discounts to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to ask property manager to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some rental properties are practically designed to serve specific customers, whether it is soundside homes with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that have their own kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a specific Georgetown, SC atteaction you simply love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Rental companies and individual rental home owners frequently offer their customers the option to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed a result of personal health emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra fuel.
General Rental Home Information
Newcomers are sometimes shocked at the range and wide variety of short-term properties available in the Georgetown, SC area. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to find a property that meets their wishes and price range.
Vacation homes are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are popular with owners mainly because they coordinate the marketing and operations..
Seasoned Georgetown, SC vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many newcomers will be happy to find that several "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to search.
Searching for and reserving the right rental:
Do you think "Puffins South is ready to welcome your family for a comfortable vacation in this sunny home." is the perfect rental home for your upcoming trip? Browse through this guide to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Frequently
Georgetown, SC vacation rentals are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the greatest selection of vacation homes, we advise searching and reserving your Georgetown, SC vacation home 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental home..
Settle on your Area and Vacation Week
Agreement can often be challenging among members of the family, but once this tricky part is complete everything will begin to slide in place.
Just How Much Vacation rental Do You Need?
How many relatives are joining your vacation? Remember that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is suitable for the party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. Otherwise, speak to the property owner before you book.
Make a Spending Limit
Make sure that "Puffins South is ready to welcome your family for a comfortable vacation in this sunny home." suits your price range *during your desired dates*. If several groups or family members are sharing the cost, ensure each party understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. Typically, one member of the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and collecting each person's share.
Rental Home Amenities
What home features is the family searching for? Do you want a rental property with outside kitchen? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental home fee? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and desires" from your company to help filter your search to the most appropriate rental.
In some cases the elder generation has problems with stairways. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are required, include that into your search. Most rental home postings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the group travelling with a dog? Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental properties, but policies differ. Type of animal, size and breeds can be limited. Study your contract very carefully! Extra charges may apply when pets are added. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start your Search
Many websites exist to match vacationers with rental owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies frequently have an exclusive selection of rentals daily and weekly.
When you have spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your best chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Study the Contract
Read the whole agreement and be certain you are aware who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal fee, visitors will have to pay state taxes when booking "Puffins South is ready to welcome your family for a comfortable vacation in this sunny home.", as well as various other additional fees that may be mandatory depending on their situation, including a pet fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you wish to Cancel
Ensure that you understand the cancellation policy before reserving. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives relief should tragedy strike.
When you think you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the property manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental home right away. We also advise promptly phoning the rental manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any necessary repairs. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will be helpful.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager immediately. A brief phone call helps prevent many headaches.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Permanent residents usually live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a visit substantially more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Always make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and cabinets.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one final time and check for damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Virtually all rental property web sites ask for reviews after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your favorable critiques. If something went wrong, we suggest being kind but honest about your stay. Top property owners and managers will work very hard to solve the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Does everyone want to go back? We hope this guide steered you to a great vacation rental. If the rental home was not perfect, and you'll better know how to perfect your search for the next vacation.