- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Communal Pool
- DVD Player
- Ice Maker
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUNIT NAME: A Drive Away
LOCATION: Golf Course
CLUB MEMBERSHIP: This home has a Golf Membership which gives you access to the 2 community pools at the Beach Club, dining, tennis and our champion Pete Dye golf course.
DETAILS: Happy home away from home. This home is calming and finished for fun and savoring the life style of the beach.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: Sleeps 7
- Master Bedroom: King Bed, Private Bathroom
- Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed, Private Bathroom
- Guest Bedroom: 2 Twin Beds + a Trundle, Private Bathroom
-AMENITIES INCLUDE: This Villa is located close to the Golf Clubhouse and includes a living room, dining room, fireplace, wet bar, TVs, audio system, wireless internet, computer, card table with 4 chairs, games and puzzles, outdoor shower, and garage. Please adhere to the no smoking and no pet policy set forth by the owner.
SUMMER CHECK IN DAY: Saturday
AVAILABLE SERVICES: Every guest has the opportunity to rent beach chairs, beach umbrellas, bicycles, and kayaks. We can also arrange for grocery delivery, in home massages, manicures and pedicures. We can even set you up with a qualified babysitter. Here at DeBordieu Units, we are proud to bring you this marvelous home and a unique set of services that make a holiday really remarkable.
COMMUNITY: DeBordieu Colony is a very private, oceanfront gated community located near Pawleys Island, South Carolina on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. Most homes and villas offer onsite private DeBordieu Club niceties such as golf, tennis, and multiple dining options to DeBordieu Units visitors. Our natural comforts include miles of beach and tidal creeks, an on-site nature preserve with walking trails and bicycle paths, and a invigorating year round climate. DeBordieu is more than a holiday destination, it is also home to a modest number of fortunate folks that appreciate the premium Low Country Lifestyle as either permanent residents or second home owners. Come visit DeBordieu for a few days or a week and you may decide to stay forever.
ACTIVITIES: Beach, Swimming, Boating, Off Shore Fishing, On Shore Fishing, Championship Golf, Har Tru Clay Tennis Courts, Top Golf, Surf Fishing, Paddle Boarding, Museums, Plantation Tours, Wildlife Reserves, Sculpture and Botanical Gardens, Shopping, Historic Tours and Culinary Adventures. PLUS, we are only an hour from Charleston and 45 mins. from Myrtle Beach.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many property managers and rental properties supply Georgetown, SC area promotional guides that feature promotions, either offered independently by local companies, or utilizing a relationship between the property management company and the itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Just want to steer clear of the crowds? Off-peak times provide considerable discounts.
- Several property management companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran men and women of the U.S. Armed forces, or repeat vacation goers of the same vacation home. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Is there a certain activity that you are most longing for during your stay? Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and interesting attractions you are most looking forward to.
- Rental companies and individual rental owners commonly offer clients the chance to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed resulting from personal health emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Tricks & Tips
Many people are shocked to discover the number of rental homes are offered in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available makes it possible to find an optimum retreat to accommodate their Georgetown, SC family, from low-noise condos to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by rental owners mainly because they coordinate the marketing and operations..
We have developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your vacation rental experience.
Searching for and booking the best rental property:
Before you decide to book "Enjoy the†Golf Course†and Beach lifestyle with outside shower, grill and community pool", read through our brief list of issues to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Georgetown, SC rental homes start booking very early. To ensure the greatest choice of vacation rentals, we recommend searching and reserving your Georgetown, SC rental home Six-12 months in advance, whenever feasible. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for family groups to plot their Summer family trips..
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Start by determining which specific area of Georgetown, SC you'd like to browse, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Decide on a Size
How many relatives are planning to share your getaway? Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for the party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stick to a Budget
Make sure that "Enjoy the†Golf Course†and Beach lifestyle with outside shower, grill and community pool" fits your price range *during your desired dates*. If many groups or families are sharing the cost, make sure each person knows their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. Most rental contracts call for a single person to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Rental Home Features
What amenities is your group interested in? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Do you wish to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental rate? Build a list of priority amenities to guide narrow your search.
Often times the older generation has problems with staircases. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, factor that into your search. The majority of rental postings include a list of amenities.
Are you or other members of the crew travelling with a dog or cat? Pets are welcome at many rental properties, but guidelines differ. Don't forget to read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
A number of websites exist to match renters with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local companies often times have a unique collection of rental homes daily and weekly.
When you've located your dream rental, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an additional night. Negotiating rates is more effective during the off-peak season when many properties sit empty.
Study the Agreement
Read the full contract and be sure you are aware who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Be sure you understand the cancellation policy before booking. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed resulting from personal hospital emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Remember to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest saving the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear as soon as you arrive. We also advise promptly phoning the rental home manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any repairs. This can prevent disputes during check out.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Contact your home manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call helps prevent many head aches.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a great source of recommendations.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Double-check each room of the rental to ensure you've packed all personal belongings.
- As soon as your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your stay? Just about all property management companies and rental search sites permit travellers to give comments. If the property and/or property manager was top notch, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we suggest being kind but sincere regarding your stay. Top owners and managers will work very hard to rectify the problem.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did they feel about the rental home? If everything was exceptional, next year's vacation planning is going to be quick. Otherwise, you've gained valuable rental search experience to help with the next search.