- As low as $896/Night
- 6 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 14
- DVD player
- 6 bathrooms
- 6 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a hospital
- Near the bay
- Near the ocean
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- On the beach
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Sailing nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Shower/tub combination
- Sleeps 14
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 14
- 6 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
PROPERTY NAME: Sea Spray
DETAILS: Sea Spray is located on the southern part of DeBordieu with impressive vistas of the ocean.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: Sleeps 14 comfortably
Primary Bedroom: King Bed Private Bathroom
Guest Bedroom: King Bed Private Bathroom
Guest Bedroom: King Bed Private Bathroom
Guest Bedroom: King Bed (Shares a bathroom with the room w/ 2 twins)
Guest Bedroom: 2 Twin Beds (Shares a bathroom with King bedroom)
Guest Bedroom: 2 Double Beds
AMENITIES INCLUDE: This oceanfront home features 6 bedrooms 5.5 baths with roomy kitchen and dining area. Living room with wet bar, TVs, DVDs, stereo, wireless internet, 2 new ice makers one in kitchen next to the sink and one at wet bar, screened porch deck, outside shower, fish sink, Keurig/Cuisinart, and gas grille. Please adhere to the no smoking and no pet policy set forth by the owner.
Beginning March 1st! BEACH GEAR PROVIDED: Peace Vacations has partnered with VayK Gear to offer beach gear units to our guests! Guest reservations of 3 to 21 nights receive a valuable credit to use towards beach gear units during your stay! The credit amount for this property is $50 a day. You may use this credit for bicycles, beach chairs and umbrellas, beach carts and more - the choice is yours!
SUMMER CHECK IN DAY: Friday
AVAILABLE SERVICES: Every guest has the opportunity to rent beach chairs beach umbrellas bicycles and kayaks. We can also arrange for grocery delivery and in home chef services . We can even set you up with a qualified babysitter. Here at DeBordieu Units we are proud to bring you this striking home and a unique set of services that make a vacation really memorable.
COMMUNITY: DeBordieu Colony is a very private oceanfront gated community located near Pawleys Island South Carolina on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. For a fee, most homes and villas offer onsite private DeBordieu Club amenities such as golf tennis and multiple dining options to DeBordieu Units guests. Our natural amenities include miles of beach and tidal creeks an on-site nature preserve with walking trails and bicycle paths and a enchanting year round climate. DeBordieu is more than a vacation destination it is also home to a modest number of fortunate folks that savor the best Low Country Lifestyle as either permanent residents or second home owners. Come visit DeBordieu for a few days or a week and you may decide to stay forever.
CLUB MEMBERSHIP: This home has a Sports Membership which gives you access to the 2 community pools at the Beach Club dining tennis and a champion Pete Dye golf course. A temporary club membership can be arranged for $200 a day plus a $20 activation fee. These costs do not cover individual conveniences costs. For more information, please contact the DeBordieu Club's Office Manager, Dori Laffin at 843-527-6020 or email@example.com.
ACTIVITIES: Beach Swimming Boating Off Shore Fishing On Shore Fishing Championship Golf Har Tru Clay Tennis Courts Top Golf Surf Fishing Paddle Boarding Museums Plantation Tours Wildlife Reserves Sculpture and Botanical Gardens Shopping Historic Tours and Culinary Adventures. PLUS we are only an hour from Charleston and 45 mins. from Myrtle Beach.
ENHANCED CLEANING, DISINFECTION AND SANITIZATION: Our number one priority is the wellbeing and safety of our guests. Our properties are cleaned and sanitized by professionally trained and equipped housekeeper employees provide greater security, quality and accountability. We do not utilize third event cleaning companies. We use CDC housekeeping protocols, approved disinfectants and personal protection equipment. Our properties are private, well maintained, hygienic and sanitized. A whole safe and private space just for you and your family. Our linens and terry are cleaned and sanitized at our commercial laundry. For full details, please review our Enhanced Housekeeping documentation at https://www.tranquility-vacations.com/about/peace-cleaning-disinfection-sanitization.
About the Area
Located in Georgetown, this vacation home is on the beach. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Hobcaw Barony and DeBordieu Beach, while Rice Museum and Georgetown County Museum are cultural highlights. Kayaking and sailing offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with cycling and ecotours nearby.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Rental home booking tips and tricks:
Getting the most from your rental home budget:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in coastal SC. To find the best value, try shifting your group's vacation to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and October offer excellent temperatures, fewer crowds, and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the high season.
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Property management companies sometimes offer discounts or promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your property manager to see if discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Booking websites frequently offer renters an option to obtain vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for days missed as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local Georgetown, SC visitors guide magazine upon arrival. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, travel guide magazines contain money saving offers on local attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- First, have your group commit to vacation dates and a max budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. Beachfront Home with a Beautiful View has 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Georgetown, SC vacation rental search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed types is generally accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, contact the host before reserving your rental. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- If there's a particular Georgetown, SC attraction you are enamored with, keep an eye out for rentals that are either nearby, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- If your family is traveling with pets, you will need a pet-friendly vacation rental. Request specifics on breed, weight, and type requirements. Usually, property owners charge additional pet fees.
Tips for a fantastic stay:
- Take a copy of the property manager's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental home.
- Make a record of any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately e-mail them to the owner. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be helpful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, intercom or appliance. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call prevents many concerns.
- Be respectful. Often times, surrounding homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting noise limits and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Lock your rental property while you're out! Don't let crooks ruin your trip.
- When it's time to leave, complete a final walk-through to make sure you have not leave anything behind. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental a final time and keep an eye out for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager isn't available, take pictures of the rental to record its condition.
- Leave a review! Property owners rely on good feedback to stimulate future reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will will be grateful for your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.