- 8 Bedrooms
- 9.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Heated Pool
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Private Pool
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUNIT NAME: Tolater
LOCATION: Second row home just across the street from the beach access walkway.
CLUB MEMBERSHIP: This home has a Sports Membership which gives you access to the 2 community pools at the Beach Club dining tennis and our champion Pete Dye golf course.
DETAILS: Spoil yourself in this newly modernized home with great sea vistas. This home offers 8 Bedrooms and 8.5 baths plus private pool with hot tub sunbathing outdoor space and outdoor grilling and entertaining area with fire pit. The ideal place for your family and friends! The home also offers living room newly referbished delightful kitchen with additional refrigeration & icemakers dining room downstairs den and playroom; ample screened and open porches w/rockers observation outdoor space which gives you unbelievable vistas of the sea; 2 master suites with whirlpool tubs elevator gas fireplace wet bar w/ice maker and wireless Internet access. NO SMOKING. There is a $450 surcharge to heat the pool and it will get between 84 to 87 degrees. Please adhere to the no smoking and no dogs and cats policy set forth by the owner.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: Sleeps 21 restfully
Master Bedroom: King Bed Private Bathroom with Shower Jacuzzi tub and Sea Vistas
Master Bedroom: King Bed Private Bathroom with Shower/Tub Combo
Guest Bedroom: King Bed Private Bathroom with Shower/Tub Combo
Guest Bedroom: King Bed Private Bathroom with Shower/Tub Combo
Guest Bedroom: 2 Queens Beds Private Bathroom with Shower/Tub Combo
Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed Private Bathroom with Shower/Tub Combo
Guest Bedroom: 2 Bunk Beds Private Bathroom with Shower/Tub Combo
Guest Bedroom: King Bed with Twin Bed Private Bathroom with Shower/Tub Combo
AMENITIES INCLUDE: A private pool with hot tub sunbathing outdoor space and outdoor grilling and entertaining area with a fire pit. There is also a extravagant kitchen with additional refrigeration and icemakers enormous screened and open porches w/rockers observation outdoor space and 2 master suites with whirlpool tubs. There is an elevator gas fireplace wet bar w/ice maker washer dryer wireless Internet access and comfort linen and towels.
SUMMER CHECK IN DAY: Friday
COMMUNITY: DeBordieu Colony is a very private oceanfront gated community located near Pawleys Island South Carolina on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. Most homes and villas offer onsite private DeBordieu Club comforts such as golf tennis and multiple dining options to DeBordieu Units visitors. Our natural niceties include miles of beach and tidal creeks an on-site nature preserve with walking trails and bicycle paths and a delightful year round climate. DeBordieu is more than a holiday destination it is also home to a modest number of fortunate folks that appreciate the best Lowcountry Lifestyle as either permanent residents or second home owners. Come visit DeBordieu for a few days or a week and you may decide to stay forever.
ACTIVITIES: Beach Swimming Boating Off Shore Fishing On Shore Fishing Championship Golf Har Tru Clay Tennis Courts Top Golf Surf Fishing Paddle Boarding Museums Plantation Tours Wildlife Reserves Sculpture and Botanical Gardens Shopping Historic Tours and Culinary Adventures. PLUS we are only an hour from Charleston and 45 mins. from Myrtle Beach.
ENHANCED CLEANING, DISINFECTION AND SANITIZATION: Our number one priority is the wellbeing and safety of our visitors. We have contactless check-ins and check-outs. Our units are cleaned and sanitized by professionally trained and supplied housekeeper employees who give higher quality, greater security and personal accountability. We never utilize third event cleaning companies. We use CDC housekeeping protocols, approved disinfectants and personal protection equipment. Our units are private, well maintained, hygienic and sanitized. A whole safe and private space just for you and your family. Our linens and terry are cleaned and sanitized at our commercial laundry. For full details, please review our Enhanced Cleaning documentation at https://www.debordieurentals.com/about/debordieu-cleaning-disinfection-sanitization.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Georgetown, SC area vacation discount magazines which feature money-saving deals, either offered individually by merchants, or through a partnership between the property manager and the local merchant itself. These guides provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Want to stay away from crowds of people and save cash? The off-peak seasons can offer phenomenal rates on daily rentals.
- Are you a military veteran? Many rental companies provide markdowns to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your travelling group is eligible for a markdown.
- Some properties are particularly suited for particular groups of visitors. Event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to night life. If there's a particular Georgetown, SC atteaction which you just love, search for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel room stay or extra fuel.
General Rental Home Tricks & Tips
Newcomers are sometimes surprised at the range and selection of daily, weekly and monthly properties available in the Georgetown, SC area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by rental owners because they coordinate the online marketing and operations..
We have developed a short guide to assist you in getting most from your vacation rental experience.
Finding and booking the right rental home:
Before you decide to book "Sprawling Home Close to the Beach", review our short collection of considerations.
The Sooner, The Better
Georgetown, SC vacation homes book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months prior to a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation rental..
Pick your Place and Vacation Week
Quite often, the toughest portion of preparing for your trip is deciding where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be easier.
Choose a Size
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Remember that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for your family. Generally rental home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Establish Your Budget
Check to make sure "Sprawling Home Close to the Beach" satisfies your budget *during your desired dates*. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before reserving an expensive rental property. Generally speaking, one member of the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and recovering each person's share.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the group interested in? Is a pool mandatory?Are you looking for a vacation property with open-air lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or amusements? Does the rental have bikes and beach toys available as part of your stay? Make a list of "necessities and desires" from your party to help narrow your search to the perfect property.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Grandma and Grandpa will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-only condo on the Third floor. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, factor that into your search. Almost all rental home listings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Remember to include your best friend! Pet policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. Type of pet, size and dog breeds might be restricted. Read your contract carefully! Service fees may apply when pets are included.
Start the Search
Several websites exist to match renters with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local agencies will often have an exclusive assortment of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've found your dream rental, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
While not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your best prospects for a lower rate is changing to an off-season week.
Read The Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Vacation Property
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. Property management companies and home owners typically offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed a result of personal health related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
After you feel you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You will probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Make sure that you get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest saving the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. If you find damages, or if fixes are required call the property manager straight away. If there is a difference of opinion about liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts should be useful.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, condo access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager promptly. A brief phone call avoids many hassles.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a trip a good deal more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check every room of the rental property to make sure you've packed all valuables.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one last time and look for damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your stay? Most rental home management companies and rental home sites allow renters to give reviews. If the rental home and/or property manager was outstanding, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but sincere about your rental experience. Top owners and managers will try hard to fix the problem.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. Did they enjoy their stay? We hope this guide steered you to a fantastic rental unit. If the rental home wasn't ideal, and you'll better know how to improve your search for the next vacation.