- 2 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Housekeeper Included
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Police Contact
- Private Chef
- Smoke Detector
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyLocation is everything! This converted office space in the heart of Historic Georgetown (the third oldest city in South Carolina), is mere steps away from incredible eateries, shopping, local history museums and the Harborwalk along the Sampit River. Unwind in the private courtyard located near the entrance way, ideal for morning coffee or evening recreation. Savor the sizable living area, office, 2 bedrooms (one queen and two twin beds), and a entirely supplied kitchen with a separate
dining room. High speed internet, as well. The just right combination for a peaceful hideaway!
Relish strolling to stores, eateries, the Harborwalk and East Bay Park. Perfectly located for the many events in Georgetown including The Wooden Boat Show, Historic Georgetown Bridge to Bridge Run, and fishing tournaments. Want to take in a play? The Strand Theater is just a block away!
Come with your boat! There are two marinas located just a couple of blocks away and be in the Atlantic Sea, Winyah Bay, or Waccamaw River within mins..
One and 1/2 baths. In addition, a washer and dryer is on site. The owner is a Realtor with over 20 years experience selling unit in the area. If you would like info on the area or to schedule a showing let her know. PLEASE LET US KNOW NUMBER OF GUESTS AT TIME OF BOOKING. MAXIMUM NUMBER OF GUESTS - 4.
Two nighttime minimum; three nighttime minimum on certain holidays.
The Lawft FAQ
This is a list of our most frequently asked questions along with some helpful informative links to assist you in planning your trip to Georgetown and staying at The Lawft.
1.What is the nearest airport?
The nearest airport is Myrtle Beach. It is roughly a 45 min. drive to The Lawft. Charleston Airport is roughly one hour and 15 mins. away.
2.When can we check in?
Our check in time is 4:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time
3.When do we need to check out?
Our check out time is 10:00 am, Eastern Standard Time.
We have a very high standard of cleanliness that we demand of our housekeeping staff. In order to give you with a home that meets our standards, they must have substantial time to thoroughly tidy between visitors; therefore we must enforce our checkout time.
4.What if we arrive after the check in time?
We will coordinate with you prior to your arrival for the door codes.
5.What is supplied in the home?
Our home is thoroughly furbished with the following niceties. All linens, linens, pots, pans, dishes and silverware are included for your comfort. We also give starter rolls of paper products that include toilet tissue, paper towels, and a few additional trash bags. Please feel complimentary to use any spices, condiments, or other items in the kitchen.
6.What should we bring with us?
We suggest you bring along a few items to make your stay as delightful as possible. Since we only give starter paper items and trash bags we suggest you bring along an additional supply of toilet tissue, paper towels, trash bags.
Be sure to bring all your toiletries including bath soap and shampoo.
7.What happens if I need to change or cancel my reservation?
We have a very strict No Refund policy. Once we block out days for your rental we cannot refund any portion of your payment.
We do however offer you options. First, you can move your dates as long as you do so at least 30 days prior to your original arrival date.
Second, you may buy Travel Insurance to cover many situations.
8.Do you accept dogs and cats?
We have a no family dogs and cats allowed policy.
9.Is there an age requirement for renting the home?
We only rent to individuals over the age of 25. The person renting the home is the responsible event for all visitors in the home and must be over the age of 25. Proof of age must be shown at the time of check-in and anyone under the age of 25 will not be allowed to check in.
10.What time zone are you in?
We are located in Eastern Standard Time zone and observe Daylight Savings Time when in effect. Check-in and check-out times will be based on local time.
11.How far is it to the nearest grocery store?
You can shop at Piggly Wiggly or Food Lion, or Wal-Mart; all are located within 3 miles of the home.
Washer/dryer located on the first floor.
A Few Other Notable Places of Interest in the Neighborhood:
The Rice Museum
Through dioramas, maps, artifacts and other exhibits, visitors to the Museum are enlightened to the history of a society dependent on the rice crop.
633 Front Street
South Carolina Maritime Museum
It is the mission of the South Carolina Maritime Museum to tell the stories that are unique to South Carolina’s maritime history through photographs, documents, artifacts and interactive exhibits.
729 Front Street
The Kaminski House
The Kaminski House was constructed about 1769, and contains an magnificant collection of American and English antiques, from the 18th and 19th centuries.
1003 Front Street
Georgetown County Museum
Find countless photos and artifacts of Georgetown History.
120 Broad Street
One of the most noteworthy aspects of shopping in Historic Georgetown SC is that there are no big chain stores. Almost every work is owned and operated by someone who lives locally. You will find unique housewares, outstanding stores for men and women filled with apparel, accessories and shoes, precious children's clothing, antiques, high-end outdoor furnishings, light fixtures, art by local artisans, consignment items, books about Coastal Carolina, and so much more!
Money Saving Strategies
- Many rental owners and vacation rental houses provide Georgetown, SC area travel catalogs that feature promotions, either offered independently by merchants, or by a partnership between the property management company and the local business itself. Keep an eye out for these publications and discount books, as this allows travelers to take advantage of the very same terrific attractions with a often substantial discounted.
- Want to steer clear of the crowds of people and save some money? Shoulder seasons offer terrific prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be eligible for discount rates. Be sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a special offer.
- Some properties are primarily designed for specific groups of visitors. Large event homes are great for weddings, wedding parties and corporate retreats. Some properties cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to nightlife. If there's a particular Georgetown, SC atteaction that you just love, look for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Think about investing in trip insurance along with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, provides buyers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed a result of medical emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional gasoline.
The Rental Process
First-timers are often shocked at the number and wide selection of weekly rental properties available in the Georgetown, SC area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available makes it possible to find an ideal getaway to accommodate their Georgetown, SC crew, from low-noise condominiums to vast event homes with several bedrooms.
Virtually all rental homes in Georgetown, SC are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with rental owners because they coordinate the promotion and operations..
Seasoned Georgetown, SC vacationers have figured out a number of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however many novices will be delighted to realize that several "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should search.
Finding and booking the best rental:
Do you believe "In the heart of the historic district with shopping, dining, museums steps away!" is the best vacation property for your next trip? Browse through this checklist to confirm it fits your preferences.
The Earlier, The Better
Georgetown, SC vacation homes start booking very early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental..
Select your Place and Travel Week
Agreement can often be tricky between close relatives, but once this tricky part is finished everything will start to slide in place.
Choose a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be aware that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for the family. Generally vacation home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Exactly What Are You Prepared to Spend?
Many vacation rentals are marketed with a cost range. Determine the cost for your chosen stay. It may be at the top end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends prior to reserving an expensive rental home. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be in charge of the full reservation.
Vacation home Features
What home features is the group looking for? Is a swimming pool mandatory?Do you want a rental property with patio lounge? Will the unit need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or near restaurants? Does the rental have bikes and beach toys available as part of your stay? Build a list of priority features to facilitate narrow your search.
Grandpa and Grandma will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-only property on the 3rd floor. Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Make sure you include your best friend! Pets are welcome at a number of rental properties, but guidelines differ. Type of pet, size and dog breeds can be limited. Read your agreement carefully! Fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Start the Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Apart from offering exceptional properties, local agencies offer top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be certain the home has everything that you need. If it is something is missing, the home management company may know of similar homes that better suit your desires and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. The off-season offers your best chance to negotiate a lower rate.
Study the Entire Agreement
You will want to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your price includes all taxes and fees.
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy before booking. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides comfort should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Rental Property
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Put the property manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property right away. We also advise immediately calling the property manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any repairs. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will probably be very helpful.
- You could need instructions for a fireplace, Television set or jacuzzi. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call prevents many head aches.
- Please be respectful of the neighborhood. Residents often times live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction.
- Be sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check every room of the rental home to assure you've gathered all valuables.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damages. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Most rental management companies and rental search sites make it easy for renters to provide comments. If the rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we recommend being kind but straightforward about your experience. The best property owners and managers will work hard to fix the issue.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they love their vacation? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic rental. Otherwise, you've acquired invaluable rental search experience to help with another search.
- Georgetown Arcelor Mittal - 0.6 miles