- As low as $260/Week
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Arcade/game room
- DVD player
- Music library
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 per room (up to 50 lbs)
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Electric kettle
- Fenced yard
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- In a village
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayak on site
- Near the beach
- Note from host: Smoking outside on the back porch is permitted
- On the river
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Pet friendly
- Sleeps 6
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Stair gate
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water sports equipment
- Welcoming cats and dogs only
About this PropertyStep back into time under the canopy of Live Oak trees lining the streets of a modest historic town, with a bustling downtown filled with dining, shopping and site seeing just a few mins. away. along the waterway, where even boaters tie up to the boardwalk to appreciate an afternoon or evening. Others
use golf carts to drive around town. Walking is common, but ample street parking for these downtown excursions is available.
This unique, one story home welcomes you with a wide brick walkway from the public sidewalk. Off street parking is available for up to three cars. Street parking is also available.
Enter into this splendid, freshly refreshed with a cavernous den with wood floors that opens onto a huge, well equipped, full kitchen with a constructed in cushion bench with table and chairs, surrounded by windows. Azaleas bloom all around you in the spring. The kitchen overlooks a sizable screened in porch with rocking chairs, wicker chairs and central table; providing an charming place to entertain or relax and savor your morning coffee ( furnished) or evening beverages ( you furnish) after a long active day.
The home has 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths. The queen master bedroom suite with private bath, wood and tile floor. The adjacent bedroom has twin beds with wood doors and simple access to the main bath with a tiled walk-in shower. The third bedroom has a delightful, screened fireplace with a queen bed. There are three closets with ample hangers.
The backyard is fenced and private. Spring blooming scrubs and trees surround the back yard and modest statues provide a garden ambiance for your enjoyment.
Pawleys Island, home to Public Beaches and the famed Hammock Stores are only 10 miles north and Myrtle Beach is just 35 miles north!
Brook green Gardens is a must see, located 30 miles north in Murrells Inlet! Dining on the waterfront available there also!
Head south and you will find Historic Charleston only 60 miles away. Stop along the way to visit Hopsewee Plantation, birthplace of one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, open for tour and dining in their River Room overlooking the N Santee River. ( Temporary Closed) On the drive don’t miss turning off to visit the historic fishing village, McClellanvile...another rare opportunity to site see and dine on fresh seafood, locally caught!
So much to do and see. But you can also enjoy the comfort of your home away from home. Cook a full meal ( get fresh seafood from local dock, Independent Seafood, just three blocks away). Kitchen has a dishwasher and garbage disposal. TV’s are furnished with Roku or Apple in the den and master bedroom. Touring, dining, and adventure brochures are included. Books and board games are too!
Beach accessories are available for your use in the closet on the back porch closet! A washer and dryer are furnished (just requires TLC in loading.) A water hose is located at the front door to wash off the sand from you feet!
Maybe best of all, you may bring you modest home trained pet with you so you don’t have to board your little appreciated one! They will enjoy the home and yard as much as you! You can leave them at the home while on your excursions and they can comfortably wait on your return...windows abound for them to look out!
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many tourism bureaus will offer you printed travel guide books with promotions for vacation rentals, restaurants and activities. Be on the lookout for these books and discount books, because this allows vacation goers to enjoy the same great attractions with a typically substantial discounted.
- Willing to change your travel dates? Off-peak times offer up sizeable deals.
- Are you a military veteran? A number of rental companies provide rate reductions to vets and active-duty military. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a markdown.
- Some rental homes are essentially designed to serve particular clients, whether it's oceanside units with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that feature private boat launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and points of interest you are most excited about.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance along with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers buyers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a result of medical related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
Some people are surprised to learn just how many rental properties can be found in Georgetown, SC. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available makes it possible to find an perfect retreat to fit their Georgetown, SC gang, from low-noise condominiums to vast event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all rental properties in Georgetown, SC are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. Property management companies are popular with owners because they manage the marketing and operations..
Seasoned Georgetown, SC vacationers have identified a few tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rentals, however many newcomers will be delighted to know that several "strategies" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should look.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental:
Before you start to book "Cottage Historic District, 2 Blocks From Waterfront &10 minutes to beach; 3/2", read through our brief list of issues to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Like many trendy hot spots, In Georgetown, SC the best rentals are booked very early. To ensure the greatest choice of homes, we recommend searching and booking your Georgetown, SC vacation home 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever you can. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for family groups to plan their Summer holiday escapes..
Select a Community and Date
Start by picking which specific area of Georgetown, SC you would like to browse, and the choose trip dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Establish who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what particular bedroom arrangement you will need. Try to remember that many rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to determine what is acceptable for the group. Generally rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Make sure that "Cottage Historic District, 2 Blocks From Waterfront &10 minutes to beach; 3/2" works with your budget *during your desired week*. If multiple groups or families are sharing the cost, always make sure that everybody knows their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. Normally, a single person in the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and collecting each person's share.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your family searching for? Is a screened porch a necessity? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental property charge? Create a list of priority conveniences to facilitate filter your search.
Grandparents will thank you for not reserving a stairs-only condo on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, include that into your search. Almost all rental listings include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Remember to include your pets. Even though many rentals allow cats and dogs, guidelines and costs fluctuate per rental. Type of pet, size and breeds could be restricted. Make certain you study agreements and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Start your Search
Several internet resources exist to match vacationers with rental owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Aside from having distinctive properties, local agencies provide excellent service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've found your dream rental, make sure your travel dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your best opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Read the Contract
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal price, visitors will need to pay local taxes when renting "Cottage Historic District, 2 Blocks From Waterfront &10 minutes to beach; 3/2", along with various other fees which might be required based upon their situation, including a pet charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. Vacation home management companies and home owners commonly offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides peace of mind should disaster strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You will probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Be sure you get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats on reserving your rental home! You're on the right path to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. We also advise promptly getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any repairs. If there is a dispute about legal liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts should be very helpful.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or spa. Call your home manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call avoids many head aches.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Locals should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a vacation a lot more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best places for shopping?
- Make certain to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check each space of the vacation property to assure you've collected all belongings.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for damage. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Most rental sites seek comments after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable recommendations. If anything was disagreeable and they didn't correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you will want to note that in your comments.
Learn and Improve
Did they love their rental? If everything was amazing, next year's trip planning is going to be easy. If not, you've gained invaluable experience to aid with another search.
- Georgetown Arcelor Mittal - 0.9 miles