- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Living Room
- Smoke Detector
About this PropertyBlack River Retreat is an isolated and a delightful waterfront holiday home for the entire family!
This freshly modernized 3 level 3000 square foot holiday home agreeably accommodates 8 visitors with plenty of room to relax and appreciate the calm and tranquility of this superb riverfront location. Located between a modest lake outfitted with fish and a 151-mile-long freshwater river, you will find peaceful and peaceful of this idyllic private and natural setting located on over 250 feet of private waterfront.
For the Day Tripper, we are gorgeously located midway between Historic Charleston and the copious attractions of Myrtle Beach. A brief drive will take you to many top destinations, including the Historic Fishing Village in Murrells Inlet, the white sand beaches on Pawleys Island for a swim in the Atlantic Sea or to Georgetown’s Historic Waterfront. Though you will not want to leave the unit, there is plenty of dining, shopping, boat charters, golfing, hiking, birding and other adventures close by!
After a full day of activities, you can get a calming nighttime’s rest in one of the 4 roomy bedrooms. Each bedroom offers vistas of the lake or river. The third floor offers two very cavernous bedrooms overlooking the river with two queen beds and a full bath. The Master has an additional private sun outdoor space overlooking the yard and river with amazing star gazing opportunities.
The second floor offers a river view bedroom affectionately named the 'River Room' with one full bed and an additional bedroom with two twin beds that share one huge full bath. On the second floor you will also find a entirely supplied modernized sizable kitchen with all the luxuries and cookware. The dining area has a leafed table capable of seating up to six. The generous open floor living room offers a enormous flat screen SMART TV, Bose radio with AUX, an upsized sectional couch and appreciate seat. Adjacent to the living room through the huge sliding glass doors is a gargantuan screened-in porch overlooking the river. Here you can savor the 180-degree river vistas of sunsets, boats, feathered friends and feel the cool winds on appealing porch furnishings and a generous futon.
On the first floor you will enjoy the enormous game room offering a Bar, Pool Table, Ping Pong, Darts, Foosball, a generous flat screen SMART TV, Blu Tooth Speaker system and a full bath. Just outdoor the game room is the sizable and shaded outdoor patio. The patio is supplied with a gas grille, charcoal grille, outdoor fireplace, patio furnishings, glass dining table, bar top, plenty of seating and whimsical patio lighting.
Walk across the sizable open groomed yard to the brief-wooded step-path leading down to the water and relax on the Adirondack chairs or bar stools on the sizable private event outdoor space (A.K.A Yoga platform). Take a few more steps to the protected covered dock sitting over the water with a wet bar, wicker furnishings and event lights. Just beyond that, you will find the sizable floating dock for swimming and sunbathing and an additional off-set swimming platform with calm and deep new water.
Guests will have access to entire home. Elevator only available for special needs, please contact us if before arrival.
Prior to arrival please feel complimentary to message us in the messaging tool with any questions. After checking in we ask that you contact the front desk for anything you may need, when checking in they will give you with 24/7 support number.
After renting we will send you message to confirm your reservation. A week prior to your stay we will send you a message with reservation number to give front desk and a reminder of check in location and instructions.
Other Things to Note:
-Linen and Towels are not supplied, but can be rented for additional $225.00 Bed Linen Fee.
-NO FAMILY PETS ACCEPTED.
-Must be 21 years of age to rent
-NO SMOKING ACCEPTED.
Unit is individually owned and managed by Lachicotte Holiday Units; we ask our visitors to treat it as they would their own home.
Guest will check-in at the front desk of Lachicotte Holiday Units located at:
10554 Sea Highway
Pawleys Island, SC 29585
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many management companies and rental houses supply Georgetown, SC area vacation discount guides which include coupons, either offered individually by local companies, or through a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. Look for these magazines and promotional books, since this allows vacation goers to experience the very same wonderful attractions with a generally substantial discounted.
- Want to steer clear of the crowds of people? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer phenomenal rates on rental properties.
- Many rental companies and owners offer discounts for active and veteran members of the US Military, or repeat individuals to the same rental. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a markdown.
- Some rentals are practically catered to specific travelers, whether it is oceanside rentals with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. You'll receive the most value from a rental which most closely satisfies your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Management companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their clients the opportunity to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, provides buyers reimbursement of their travel costs for any days missed as a consequence of medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen motel stay or additional fuel.
General Rental property Tips & Tricks
Many people are surprised to discover just how many vacation rentals are located in Georgetown, SC. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available makes it possible to find an ideal retreat to fit their Georgetown, SC gang, from quiet condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rentals in Georgetown, SC are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. Property management companies are popular with owners because they manage the internet marketing and operations..
We have constructed a brief guide to help you get the most from your rental home experience.
Finding and reserving the right rental property:
Before you decide to book "Black River Retreat, 4BR/3BA River Front House", read through our short list of considerations.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Selection
Like many popular vacation spots, In Georgetown, SC the best rentals are booked very early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation rental home..
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Agreement can be tough among relatives, but once this challenging part is finished everything will start to drop in place.
Exactly How Much Vacation rental Do You Really Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Keep in mind that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. If not, communicate with the property owner before you book.
Have a Spending Limit
Many vacation homes are marketed with a price range. Determine the price for your desired stay. It might be at the top end of the range. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to reserving a pricey rental. Most rental contracts require a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
What home features is your family looking for? Are you looking for a rental with patio kitchen? Would you like to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included with your rental home charge? Make a list of priority amenities to guide filter your search.
Special Factors to consider
Do members of your party have specialized needs? Make certain to remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Dog Deserves a Holiday, Too
Make sure you include your pets. Dog guidelines are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. Ensure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Where to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. Besides offering distinctive rental properties, local agencies provide top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified your dream rental, make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an additional night. Negotiating rates is most effective through the off-peak season when many rental homes sit vacant.
Read the Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. Vacation home management companies and individual property owners commonly offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental cost, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental Property
Once you think you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You will probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Don't forget to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest storing the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- To make sure no damages are attributed to your stay, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. If you find damage, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the rental manager right away. This will prevent disagreements during checkout.
- You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, TV or spa. Call your home manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call avoids many problems.
- Be considerate of the local community. Often, adjacent households are occupied by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Clean up a little. Despite the fact that you're paying a housekeeping fee, The rental should be in good condition. Sinks stuffed with dirty dishes, surplus sand on the flooring and sticky messes should be taken care of before leaving.
- As soon as your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the property to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. If at all possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Virtually all rental web sites seek feedback after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing ratings. If anything was wrong and they did not correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you will want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Does everyone want to return next year? Hopefully this guide helped you find a great vacation rental. If not, you have gained valuable experience that will help with the next search.