- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Living Room
- Smoke Detector
About this PropertyBlack River Retreat is an isolated and a beautiful waterfront holiday home for the entire family!
This freshly remodeled 3 level 3000 square foot holiday home agreeably accommodates 8 visitors with plenty of room to relax and appreciate the calm and tranquility of this superb riverfront location. Located between a modest lake outfitted with fish and a 151-mile-long freshwater river, you will find peaceful and peaceful of this idyllic private and natural setting located on over 250 feet of private waterfront.
For the Day Tripper, we are charmingly located midway between Historic Charleston and the many attractions of Myrtle Beach. A brief drive will take you to many top destinations, including the Historic Fishing Village in Murrells Inlet, the white sand beaches on Pawleys Island for a swim in the Atlantic Sea or to Georgetown’s Historic Waterfront. Though you will not want to leave the unit, there is plenty of dining, shopping, boat charters, golfing, hiking, birding and other adventures close by!
After a full day of activities, you can get a inviting nighttime’s rest in one of the 4 cavernous bedrooms. Each bedroom offers vistas of the lake or river. The third floor offers two very roomy bedrooms overlooking the river with two queen beds and a full bath. The Master has an additional private sun outdoor space overlooking the yard and river with fantastic star gazing opportunities.
The second floor offers a river view bedroom affectionately named the 'River Room' with one full bed and an additional bedroom with two twin beds that share one huge full bath. On the second floor you will also find a entirely supplied modernized sizable kitchen with all the comforts and cookware. The dining area has a leafed table capable of seating up to six. The generous open floor living room offers a huge flat screen SMART TV, Bose radio with AUX, an upsized sectional couch and adore seat. Adjacent to the living room through the generous sliding glass doors is a tremendous screened-in porch overlooking the river. Here you can savor the 180-degree river vistas of sunsets, boats, feathered friends and feel the cool winds on calming porch furnishings and a huge futon.
On the first floor you will enjoy the sizable game room offering a Bar, Pool Table, Ping Pong, Darts, Foosball, a sizable flat screen SMART TV, Blu Tooth Speaker system and a full bath. Just outdoor the game room is the sizable and shaded outdoor patio. The patio is supplied with a gas grille, charcoal grille, outdoor fireplace, patio furnishings, glass dining table, bar top, plenty of seating and cozy patio lighting.
Walk across the huge open groomed yard to the brief-wooded step-path leading down to the water and relax on the Adirondack chairs or bar stools on the enormous private event outdoor space (A.K.A Yoga platform). Take a few more steps to the protected covered dock sitting over the water with a wet bar, wicker furnishings and event lights. Just beyond that, you will find the enormous floating dock for swimming and sunbathing and an additional off-set swimming platform with calm and deep new water.
Guests will have access to entire home. Elevator only available for special needs, please contact us if before arrival.
Prior to arrival please feel complimentary to message us in the messaging tool with any questions. After checking in we ask that you contact the front desk for anything you may need, when checking in they will give you with 24/7 support number.
After renting we will send you message to confirm your reservation. A week prior to your stay we will send you a message with reservation number to give front desk and a reminder of check in location and instructions.
Other Things to Note:
-Linen and Towels are not included, but can be rented for additional $225.00 Bed Linen Fee.
-NO FAMILY PETS ACCEPTED.
-Must be 21 years of age to rent
-NO SMOKING ACCEPTED.
Unit is individually owned and managed by Lachicotte Holiday Units; we ask our visitors to treat it as they would their own home.
Guest will check-in at the front desk of Lachicotte Holiday Units located at:
10554 Sea Highway
Pawleys Island, SC 29585
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send you travel guide books with special offers for accommodations, dining and activities. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Flexible about when you might visit? Shoulder seasons provide incredible deals.
- Many property management companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran men and women of the U.S. Military, or returning travelers to the same rental. Make sure to check with property manager to see if your visiting group is eligible for a reduction.
- Some homes are particularly designed for specific types of guests. Large event homes are great for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are positioned close to music venues. If there's a certain Georgetown, SC activity that you love, look for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any nights missed as a result of personal medical emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional gas.
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be shocked to uncover just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Virtually all rental properties in Georgetown, SC are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their home, management companies are critical in helping travellers with making reservations, check-in, house cleaning, and any routine maintenance issues that may arise.
Below are great tips and strategies to help you navigate the rental search and booking process.
Searching for and booking the best rental home:
Before you decide to book "Black River Retreat, 4BR/3BA River Front House", examine our brief collection of considerations.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many desirable destinations, In Georgetown, SC the best rentals are booked very early. To ensure the best choice of vacation rentals, we advise searching and reserving your Georgetown, SC vacation home Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental..
Find your Spot and Choose Dates
Start by choosing which specific area of Georgetown, SC you'd like to browse, and the choose trip dates.
Choosing an Correctly-Sized Vacation rental
Confirm who is joining, and just how many/what type of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Consider that a lot of properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. If not, speak to the property manager before you reserve the home.
Stick to a Budget
Will your favorite vacation property suit your budget during that prime Summer week? Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to reserving an expensive rental property. A single member of your company must be given the task of collecting payments and agreeing to responsibility for the complete rental cost at time of booking.
Rental Home Features
What property features is your group trying to find? Do you simply want a home with a pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Will the unit need to be beachfront, downtown, or in close proximity to restaurants? Does the property have bicycles and beach toys for use during your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wants" from your party to help filter your search to the most suitable home.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Appropriate access could make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Almost all rental home postings include a list of amenities.
What About Furry Family Members?
Are you or other people in the group visiting with a four-legged friend? Pets are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but policies differ. Read your agreement thoroughly! Service fees may apply when animals are included. Ask questions *before* you book!
Best places to Search
When the location, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple resources to find the best vacation home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Local companies will often have a unique assortment of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have spotted your dream rental, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. The off-season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a lower rate.
Study the Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal fee, vacationers will have to pay local taxes when renting "Black River Retreat, 4BR/3BA River Front House", as well as various other additional fees that may be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including a dog fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
If you want to Cancel
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you reassurance should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Reservation
After you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation home owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your stay.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear immediately after you arrive. Get in touch with the property manager right away to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts should be useful.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, condo access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager immediately. A quick phone call helps prevent many problems.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. Locals will likely be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a vacation significantly more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local people are a terrific source of tips. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best spots for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinetry and wardrobes.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Nearly all rental property websites seek testimonials after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will thank you for glowing reviews. If anything went wrong and they didn't fix it in a practical manner, or when the property was not as described, you will want to note that as part of your review.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the people in your group. Did everybody have a good time? We hope this guide helped you find a terrific rental. Maybe the rental was not quite right, and you will better recognize how to improve your search for the next time.