- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Coffee Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dining Area
- Living Room
- Living Room
- Smoke Detector
- Smoke Detector
About this PropertyBlack River Retreat is an isolated and a handsome waterfront holiday home for the entire family!
This freshly remodeled 3 level 3000 square foot holiday home restfully accommodates 8 visitors with plenty of room to relax and savor the peaceful and tranquility of this pretty riverfront location. Located between a modest lake supplied with fish and a 151-mile-long freshwater river, you will find calm and peaceful of this idyllic private and natural setting located on over 250 feet of private waterfront.
For the Day Tripper, we are charmingly located midway between Historic Charleston and the copious attractions of Myrtle Beach. A brief drive will take you to many top destinations, including the Historic Fishing Village in Murrells Inlet, the white sand beaches on Pawleys Island for a swim in the Atlantic Sea or to Georgetown’s Historic Waterfront. Though you will not want to leave the unit, there is plenty of dining, shopping, boat charters, golfing, hiking, birding and other adventures close by!
After a full day of activities, you can get a appealing nighttime’s rest in one of the 4 big bedrooms. Each bedroom offers vistas of the lake or river. The third floor offers two very enormous bedrooms overlooking the river with two queen beds and a full bath. The Master has an additional private sun outdoor space overlooking the yard and river with marvelous star gazing opportunities.
The second floor offers a river view bedroom affectionately named the 'River Room' with one full bed and an additional bedroom with two twin beds that share one huge full bath. On the second floor you will also find a entirely supplied modernized enormous kitchen with all the comforts and cookware. The dining area has a leafed table capable of seating up to six. The huge open floor living room offers a sizable flat screen SMART TV, Bose radio with AUX, an upsized sectional couch and appreciate seat. Adjacent to the living room through the sizable sliding glass doors is a humongous screened-in porch overlooking the river. Here you can appreciate the 180-degree river vistas of sunsets, boats, feathered friends and feel the cool winds on comfortable porch furnishings and a generous futon.
On the first floor you will enjoy the sizable game room offering a Bar, Pool Table, Ping Pong, Darts, Foosball, a enormous flat screen SMART TV, Blu Tooth Speaker system and a full bath. Just outdoor the game room is the generous and shaded outdoor patio. The patio is supplied with a gas grille, charcoal grille, outdoor fireplace, patio furnishings, glass dining table, bar top, plenty of seating and cozy patio lighting.
Walk across the huge open groomed yard to the brief-wooded step-path leading down to the water and relax on the Adirondack chairs or bar stools on the sizable private event outdoor space (A.K.A Yoga platform). Take a few more steps to the protected covered dock sitting over the water with a wet bar, wicker furnishings and event lights. Just beyond that, you will find the huge floating dock for swimming and sunbathing and an additional off-set swimming platform with calm and deep new water.
Guests will have access to entire home. Elevator only available for special needs, please contact us if before arrival.
Prior to arrival please feel complimentary to message us in the messaging tool with any questions. After checking in we ask that you contact the front desk for anything you may need, when checking in they will give you with 24/7 support number.
After renting we will send you message to confirm your reservation. A week prior to your stay we will send you a message with reservation number to give front desk and a reminder of check in location and instructions.
Other Things to Note:
-Linen and Towels are not supplied, but can be rented for additional $225.00 Bed Linen Fee.
-NO FAMILY PETS ACCEPTED.
-Must be 21 years of age to rent
-NO SMOKING ACCEPTED.
Unit is individually owned and managed by Lachicotte Holiday Units; we ask our visitors to treat it as they would their own home.
Guest will check-in at the front desk of Lachicotte Holiday Units located at:
10554 Sea Highway
Pawleys Island, SC 29585
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus will offer you guides with special deals for lodging, dining and tours. Search for these guides and discount books, because this allows vacation goers to enjoy the very same wonderful activities at a possibly considerable discounted.
- Flexible about when you might visit? Off-peak times offer up substantive savings.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many management companies offer markdowns to vets and active-duty military. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Is there a certain experience you are mainly longing for ? If there's a specific Georgetown, SC activity which you just love, look for properties that cater especially to you.
- Property management companies and individual property owners commonly offer clients an option to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental cost, offers guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed as a consequence of health-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
Many people are shocked to discover just how many vacation homes are available in their area of interest. With such a wide selection, guests are certain to select a rental home that fits their desires and budget.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, systems and knowledge to provide convenient operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Here are some ideas and techniques to help you understand the vacation rental search and reservation process.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental property:
Do you think "Black River Retreat" is the perfect vacation property for your next getaway? Browse through this guide to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Often
Georgetown, SC rental properties are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the very best choice of properties, we advise searching and reserving your Georgetown, SC vacation home Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental..
Settle on your Place and Travel Week
Agreement can be tough between family members, but as soon as this challenging part is finished everything will begin to fall in place.
How Many Bedrooms?
Determine who is attending the vacation, and how many/what kind of bedroom arrangement you should have. Try to remember that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for the company. Generally rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Decide on Your Budget
The majority of vacation homes are advertised with a price range. Confirm the price for your chosen week. It might be at the top end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions before reserving a pricey vacation property. Generally speaking, one person in the group will be in charge of making the whole reservation and getting each party's share.
Create a list of "Wants" and "Necessities"
What property features is your family trying to find? Are you looking for a rental with outdoor kitchen? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Will the unit have bicycles and body boards available for use as part of your stay? Make a list of "needs and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate rental.
Do some members of your crew have specific needs? Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Are you or other members of the crew traveling with a family dog? Dog guidelines are different at each rental property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Read your contract very carefully! Extra charges may apply when animals are included. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
When the location, dates and attendees are decided, search multiple resources for the best rental home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Apart from offering exclusive rental properties, local companies offer fantastic service..
Re-read the description to make sure the property has everything that you need. If lacking, the home management company might know of similar properties that better suit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an additional night. Your best prospects for a reduced rate is switching to an off-season week.
Read The Agreement
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Ensure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Vacation rental management companies and property owners often offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your standard rental home price, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed a result of personal hospital emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers during your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To ensure no damages are attributed to your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. Contact the property manager immediately to report your findings. If there is a difference of opinion about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts should be helpful.
- If there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, swimming pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A quick phone call eliminates many hassles.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. Permanent residents usually live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a good source of recommendations.
- Don't forget to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check every space of the rental property to make sure that you've gathered all valuables.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Many rental management companies and rental search sites allow renters to give reviews. If the rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we advise being pleasant but straightforward with regards to rental experience. Top owners and managers will work hard to rectify the problem.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Did they enjoy their rental? If everything was fantastic, next year's trip planning will be quick. Otherwise, you have gained invaluable rental search experience that will help with another search.