- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Coffee Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dining Area
- Living Room
- Living Room
- Smoke Detector
- Smoke Detector
About this PropertyBlack River Retreat is an isolated and a superb waterfront holiday home for the entire family!
This freshly modernized 3 level 3000 square foot holiday home agreeably accommodates 8 visitors with plenty of room to relax and appreciate the tranquility and tranquility of this handsome riverfront location. Located between a modest lake supplied with fish and a 151-mile-long freshwater river, you will find peaceful and peaceful of this idyllic private and natural setting located on over 250 feet of private waterfront.
For the Day Tripper, we are superbly located midway between Historic Charleston and the many attractions of Myrtle Beach. A brief drive will take you to many top destinations, including the Historic Fishing Village in Murrells Inlet, the white sand beaches on Pawleys Island for a swim in the Atlantic Sea or to Georgetown’s Historic Waterfront. Though you will not want to leave the unit, there is plenty of dining, shopping, boat charters, golfing, hiking, birding and other adventures close by!
After a full day of activities, you can get a comfortable nighttime’s rest in one of the 4 cavernous bedrooms. Each bedroom offers vistas of the lake or river. The third floor offers two very roomy bedrooms overlooking the river with two queen beds and a full bath. The Master has an additional private sun outdoor space overlooking the yard and river with marvelous star gazing opportunities.
The second floor offers a river view bedroom affectionately named the 'River Room' with one full bed and an additional bedroom with two twin beds that share one huge full bath. On the second floor you will also find a thoroughly supplied modernized generous kitchen with all the niceties and cookware. The dining area has a leafed table capable of seating up to six. The generous open floor living room offers a sizable flat screen SMART TV, Bose radio with AUX, an upsized sectional couch and appreciate seat. Adjacent to the living room through the huge sliding glass doors is a monstrous screened-in porch overlooking the river. Here you can savor the 180-degree river vistas of sunsets, boats, feathered friends and feel the cool winds on peaceful porch furnishings and a enormous futon.
On the first floor you will enjoy the sizable game room offering a Bar, Pool Table, Ping Pong, Darts, Foosball, a enormous flat screen SMART TV, Blu Tooth Speaker system and a full bath. Just outdoor the game room is the huge and shaded outdoor patio. The patio is supplied with a gas grille, charcoal grille, outdoor fireplace, patio furnishings, glass dining table, bar top, plenty of seating and cozy patio lighting.
Walk across the sizable open groomed yard to the brief-wooded step-path leading down to the water and relax on the Adirondack chairs or bar stools on the generous private event outdoor space (A.K.A Yoga platform). Take a few more steps to the protected covered dock sitting over the water with a wet bar, wicker furnishings and event lights. Just beyond that, you will find the sizable floating dock for swimming and sunbathing and an additional off-set swimming platform with calm and deep new water.
Guests will have access to entire home. Elevator only available for special needs, please contact us if before arrival.
Prior to arrival please feel complimentary to message us in the messaging tool with any questions. After checking in we ask that you contact the front desk for anything you may need, when checking in they will give you with 24/7 support number.
After renting we will send you message to confirm your reservation. A week prior to your stay we will send you a message with reservation number to give front desk and a reminder of check in location and instructions.
Other Things to Note:
-Linen and Towels are not supplied, but can be rented for additional $225.00 Bed Linen Fee.
-NO FAMILY PETS ACCEPTED.
-Must be 21 years of age to rent
-NO SMOKING ACCEPTED.
Unit is individually owned and managed by Lachicotte Holiday Units; we ask our visitors to treat it as they would their own home.
Guest will check-in at the front desk of Lachicotte Holiday Units located at:
10554 Sea Highway
Pawleys Island, SC 29585
- Many management companies and rental homes provide Georgetown, SC area traveller discount magazines which feature offers, either offered independently by vendors, or utilizing a partnership between the management company and the local merchant itself. These guides provide a great start to your rental search.
- Is it possible to move your vacation week? The off-peak seasons frequently offer incredible rates on rental accommodations.
- A number of vacation rental companies and owners offer special discounts for active and veteran members of the Armed forces, or repeat vacation goers of the same property. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a reduction.
- Some homes are particularly designed for specific types of visitors. Event homes are best for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some properties cater to beach bums. Other rentals are positioned close to night life. You should prioritize your proximity to the adventures and places of interest you are most looking forward to.
- Management companies and individual rental owners generally offer guests the chance to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, provides buyers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of medical emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected motel stay or extra fuel.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Many people are surprised to discover the number of rental homes are available in Georgetown, SC. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Virtually all vacation rentals in Georgetown, SC are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. Property management companies are liked by property owners mainly because they coordinate the promotion and operations..
Here are some tips and strategies to help you navigate the rental search and reservation process.
Finding and reserving the best rental home:
Before you decide to book "Black River Retreat, 4BR/3BA River Front House", review our brief list of things to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Georgetown, SC rental homes are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the greatest choice of vacation homes, we recommend searching and booking your Georgetown, SC rental home Six-12 months in advance, whenever you can. Holiday reunions can be a great time for families to plan their Summer vacations..
Choose a Village and Time
Oftentimes, the hardest part of planning your vacation is deciding where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are tackled, the rest is easier.
Select a Size
Establish who is traveling, and just how many/what kind of bedroom configuration you should have. Remember that that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is suitable for the group. Generally vacation home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Have a Budget
Will your favorite rental home fit your budget during that prime Summer week? If several groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, confirm that each person understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Normally, one person in the group will be in charge of making the whole reservation and getting each party's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your family trying to find? Do you want a rental with outside kitchen? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or amusements? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental home rate? Gather a list of "necessities and desires" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
Special Issues to consider
Do a few members of your party have special needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, factor that into your search. Most rental home postings include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Are you or other members of the group travelling with a family dog? Animal guidelines are different at each rental property. Study descriptions carefully. Type of pet, size and breeds can be limited. Make sure you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Its Time to Search
A number of websites exist to match vacationers with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local rental management companies take pride in a first-class vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the vacation rental has everything required. If it is something is missing, the home management company may know of very similar properties that better fit your wishes and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try getting an extra night. The off-season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read Through The Agreement
Read the entire agreement and be sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
If you need to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental home rate, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. Contact the rental manager right away to report your observations. This will prevent conflicts during checkout.
- You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa. Call your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of problems.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Locals will probably be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your belongings. Sweep every room in the home for forgotten items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make a point to walk through the rental one last time and look for damage. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Just about all property management companies and vacation rental websites permit customers to give feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but genuine with regards to your rental experience. The best property owners and managers will work very hard to correct the situation.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with your family. Does everyone want to return next year? Hopefully this guide steered you to a terrific rental unit. If not, you have gained valuable experience that can help with another search.