- As low as $200/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Internet access
- No pets allowed
- Sleeps 8
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 1890 sq ft (176 sq m)
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1890 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Black River Retreat is an isolated and a striking waterfront vacation home for the entire family! This newly refreshed 3 level 3000 square foot vacation home comfortably accommodates 8 guests with plenty of room to relax and appreciate the tranquility and tranquility of this handsome riverfront location. Located between a modest lake outfitted with fish and a 151-mile-long freshwater river, you will find peace and peaceful of this idyllic private and natural setting located on over 250 feet of private waterfront. For the Day Tripper, we are appealingly located midway between Historic Charleston and the many attractions of Myrtle Beach. A short drive will take you to many top destinations, including the Historic Fishing Village in Murrells Inlet, the white sand beaches on Pawleys Island for a swim in the Atlantic Ocean or to Georgetown’s Historic Waterfront. Though you will not want to leave the property, there is plenty of dining, shopping, boat charters, golfing, hiking, birding and other adventures close by! After a full day of activities, you can get a comfortable nighttime’s rest in one of the 4 cavernous bedrooms. Each bedroom offers vistas of the lake or river. The third floor offers two very roomy bedrooms overlooking the river with two queen beds and a full bath. The Master has an additional private sun deck overlooking the yard and river with striking star gazing opportunities. The second floor offers a river view bedroom affectionately named the 'River Room' with one full bed and an additional bedroom with two twin beds that share one huge full bath. On the second floor you will also find a completely equipped modernized sizable kitchen with all the amenities and cookware. The dining area has a leafed table capable of seating up to six. The enormous open floor living room offers a sizable flat screen SMART TV, Bose radio with AUX, an upsized sectional couch and appreciate seat. Adjacent to the living room through the sizable sliding glass doors is a humongous screened-in porch overlooking the river. Here you can savor the 180-degree river vistas of sunsets, boats, birds and feel the cool breezes on comfortable porch furnishings and a huge futon. On the first floor you will enjoy the huge game room offering a Bar, Pool Table, Ping Pong, Darts, Foosball, a enormous flat screen SMART TV, Blu Tooth Speaker system and a full bath. Just outside the game room is the huge and shaded outdoor patio. The patio is equipped with a gas grille, charcoal grille, outdoor fireplace, patio furnishings, glass dining table, bar top, plenty of seating and cozy patio lighting. Walk across the large open groomed yard to the short-wooded step-path leading down to the water and relax on the Adirondack chairs or bar stools on the large private event deck (A.K.A Yoga platform). Take a few more steps to the protected covered dock sitting over the water with a wet bar, wicker furnishings and event lights. Just beyond that, you will find the large floating dock for swimming and sunbathing and an additional off-set swimming platform with calm and deep fresh water.
Please note: (3) nighttime minimums December - March & (7) nighttime minimums April - November (Saturday check in during Peak Season)
Guest Access: Guests will have access to entire home.. Guest Interaction: Prior to arrival please feel complimentary to message us in the messaging tool with any questions. After checking in we ask that you contact the front desk for anything you may need, when checking in they will provide you with 24/7 support number. Confirming Reservation: After booking we will send you message to confirm your reservation. Other Things to Note: -NO FAMILY PETS ACCEPTED. -Must be 21 years of age to rent -NO SMOKING ACCEPTED. Unit is individually owned and managed by Lachicotte Vacation Units; we ask our guests to treat it as they would their own home. Check-in instructions: Guest will check-in at the front desk of Lachicotte Vacation Units located at: 10554 Ocean Highway Pawleys Island, SC 29585
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Georgetown. Hampton Plantation State Historic Site and Outlaw's Original Art Gallery and Museum are cultural highlights of the area.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Rental property booking tips and tricks:
Sticking to your budget:
- The sooner your group can book, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are reserved early. Booking your vacation home six to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental home.
- To get the best value, try shifting your vacation dates to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and October offer warm temperatures, , and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Georgetown, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Property managers sometimes offer promotional rates for veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if special discounts are available for your group before you book.
- Booking websites often offer customers an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for specifics.
- Many management companies supply Georgetown, SC area visitor guide magazines which include special offers, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Georgetown, SC visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Choosing the best rental home in Georgetown:
- Begin by choosing a vacation week and a maximum budget.
- Determine how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration you need. Black River Retreat 4BR 3BA River Front House has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed counts is commonly accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email or call the property owner before booking the home. Remember that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- If your family is bringing pets, you'll need to search for a property that allows animals. Request information on breed, size, and type restrictions. Usually, property managers charge pet deposits and fees.
- Are you visiting for a specific attraction or event? Use a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
More considerations for your visit:
- Add the host's information to your smartphone. Understand and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, intercom or WIFI setup. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents a lot of issues.
- Protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home while you are out, just like you would back home.
- Note any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately contact the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be very helpful if a dispute is filed.
- Be respectful of your neighbors. Often times, nearby homes are filled by local residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can typically help. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, walk through the property to make sure you've collected everything. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the property a final time and look for damages to contents or the property itself. We suggest inspecting the property with the property manager whenever possible. If the manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the rental to record its condition.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on great ratings to compel future bookings. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will will be grateful for your feedback find their best vacation rental. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to fix it.