- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUNIT NAME: Ruthie's Roost
LOCATION: Golf Course
CLUB MEMBERSHIP: This home has a Social Membership which gives you access to the 2 community pools at the Beach Club and dining.
DETAILS: Unwind on the whimsical shaded open porch with pretty vistas of pond pool and the 1st fairway and is walking distance to the Club home.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: Sleeps 10
Master Bedroom: King Bed Private Bathroom
Guest Bedroom: King Bed Hall Bathroom
Guest Bedroom: 2 Double Beds Twin bed with trundle bed Private Bathroom
AMENITIES INCLUDE: Fireplace in master bedroom, wet-bar, TVs, VCRs, audio system, DVDs; rent/video library, wireless internet, grille, fish sink. Please adhere to the no smoking and no pet policy set forth by the owner.
SUMMER CHECK IN DAY:Saturday
AVAILABLE SERVICES: Every guest has the opportunity to rent beach chairs beach umbrellas bicycles and kayaks. We can also arrange for grocery delivery in home massages manicures and pedicures. We can even set you up with a qualified babysitter. Here at DeBordieu Units we are proud to bring you this amazing home and a unique set of services that make a holiday really remarkable.
COMMUNITY: DeBordieu Colony is a very private oceanfront gated community located near Pawleys Island South Carolina on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. Most homes and villas offer onsite private DeBordieu Club comforts such as golf tennis and multiple dining options to DeBordieu Units visitors. Our natural niceties include miles of beach and tidal creeks an on-site nature preserve with walking trails and bicycle paths and a invigorating year round climate. DeBordieu is more than a holiday destination it is also home to a modest number of fortunate folks that appreciate the peerless Low Country Lifestyle as either permanent residents or second home owners. Come visit DeBordieu for a few days or a week and you may decide to stay forever.
ACTIVITIES: Beach Swimming Boating Off Shore Fishing On Shore Fishing Championship Golf Har Tru Clay Tennis Courts Top Golf Surf Fishing Paddle Boarding Museums Plantation Tours Wildlife Reserves Sculpture and Botanical Gardens Shopping Historic Tours and Culinary Adventures. PLUS we are only an hour from Charleston and 45 mins. from Myrtle Beach.
ENHANCED CLEANING, DISINFECTION AND SANITIZATION: Our number one priority is the wellbeing and safety of our visitors. Our units are cleaned and sanitized by professionally trained and supplied housekeeper employees give greater security, quality and accountability. We do not utilize third event cleaning companies. We use CDC housekeeping protocols, approved disinfectants and personal protection equipment. Our units are private, well maintained, hygienic and sanitized. A whole safe and private space just for you and your family. Our linens and terry are cleaned and sanitized at our commercial laundry. For full details, please review our Enhanced Housekeeping documentation at https://www.calm-vacations.com/about/peaceful-cleaning-disinfection-sanitization.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will send you printed tourism guides with promotions for rental management companies, dining and tours. Look for these magazines and promotional books, since this allows travelers to enjoy those terrific attractions with a possibly significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to alter your travel dates? Off-peak times provide tremendous bargains.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for price reductions. Be sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your travelling group qualifies for a discount.
- Some rental homes are essentially catered to specific vacationers, whether it is beachfront units with pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that have private kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a certain Georgetown, SC atteaction you simply love, look for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners often offer guests an opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed as a consequence of health-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Tips & Tricks
Many people are surprised to learn the number of properties are offered in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available makes it possible to find an suitable retreat to fit their Georgetown, SC crew, from restful condos to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all rentals in Georgetown, SC are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are critical in helping guests with reserving, check-in, house cleaning, as well as routine maintenance problems that may arise.
Seasoned Georgetown, SC vacationers have discovered a few tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation rentals, however many novices will be happy to find that several "tricks" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to look.
How to find and reserve the perfect rental home:
Before you book "Enjoy relaxing in this well appointed villa with Views of Lake, pool and the 1st fairway", review our brief list of things to consider.
Search Early and Often
Georgetown, SC rental homes book several months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions can be a great time for groups to plan their Summer family vacations..
Find your Area and Choose Dates
Agreement can be challenging among relatives, but as soon as this difficult part is finished everything will start to slide in place.
Selecting an Adequately-Sized Rental home
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Bear in mind that a lot of homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for the family. Generally rental listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Make a Budget
Does your chosen rental property suit your budget during that prime Summer week? Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions well before reserving an expensive vacation property. A single individual in your group must be responsible for getting contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is your group interested in? Do you simply want a rental with a swimming pool, spa or volleyball court? Does the property need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to wildlife? Will the rental have bikes and body boards for use during your stay? Make a list of priority features to facilitate filter your search.
Frequently the elder generation has problems with staircases. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, include that into your search. Nearly all property listings include a list of amenities.
Are you or other people in the crew traveling with a dog or cat? Animal policies are different at each rental property. Study descriptions carefully. Type of pet, size and dog breeds could be controlled. Study your agreement carefully! Fees may apply when pets are included. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
Many websites exist to match vacationers with rental owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local agencies generally have a unique collection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have found the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your travel dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an additional night. The off-season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Read the Agreement
Read through the whole agreement and make sure you understand who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Make sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your standard vacation rental rate, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
Once you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You will probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Make sure to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend storing the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To assure no damages are attributed to your stay, make a record of any problem areas of the property. Get in touch with the rental manager right away to report your findings.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, house access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A brief phone call prevents many problems.
- Be respectful of the local community. Residents usually live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a visit a lot more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Natives are a great source of tips.
- Remember to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each space of the rental property to confirm you've collected all valuables.
- Once your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental to make sure no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Many property management companies and rental home sites make it easy for travellers to give feedback. If the property and/or property manager was first-rate, they'll appreciate your praise. If something went wrong, we advise being understanding but completely honest about your rental experience. Top owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the situation.
Use Your Experience
Does everybody want to re-book next year? We hope this guide helped you find a terrific home away from home. If the rental property was not ideal, and you will better understand how to filter your search for the next time.