- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUNIT NAME: The Nautilus
LOCATION: Second row home, just a brief walk to the beach
CLUB MEMBERSHIP: This home has a Sports Membership which gives you access to the 2 community pools at the Beach Club, dining, tennis and our champion Pete Dye golf course.
DETAILS: The Nautilus is an informal beach getaway with 5 bedrooms and 4 baths and includes architecture inspired by the sea's chambered nautilus. The home has 2 primary levels joined by 2 stairwell towers. The open design 1st level includes living room, seating for 10 around the dining table and barstool seating for 5 at the bar in the kitchen. The 2nd level includes a centrally located playroom/den with a sleeper couch and twin window bed and 2 bedrooms. There is an enclosed bathhouse with 2 dressing rooms, bathroom and shower. Also, a foot rinse outdoor the bathhouse. This home is a pet amiable unit. We do charge a pet fee, so please notify the rental office if you are bringing a pet. Please adhere to the no smoking policy set forth by the owners.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: Sleeps 10
- Master Bedroom: Queen Bed, Private Tub/Shower Combination
- Guest Bedroom: 2 Twin Beds, Shared hall bath; Tub only
- Guest Bedroom: 2 Twin Beds, Shared hall bath; Tub only
- Guest Bedroom: 2 Twin Beds, Shared hall bath; Tub only
- Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed, Private Bath with Shower only
AMENITIES INCLUDE: Extra den, wireless Internet, washer and dryer, outdoor space, charcoal grille, outdoor shower and opulence linen and towels.
SUMMER CHECK IN DAY: Friday
AVAILABLE SERVICES: Every guest has the opportunity to rent beach chairs, beach umbrellas, bicycles, and kayaks. We can also arrange for grocery delivery, in home massages, manicures and pedicures. We can even set you up with a qualified babysitter. Here at DeBordieu Units, we are proud to bring you this exceptional home and a unique set of services that make a holiday really remarkable.
COMMUNITY: DeBordieu Colony is a very private, oceanfront gated community located near Pawleys Island, South Carolina on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. Most homes and villas offer onsite private DeBordieu Club amenities such as golf, tennis, and multiple dining options to DeBordieu Units visitors. Our natural niceties include miles of beach and tidal creeks, an on-site nature preserve with walking trails and bicycle paths, and a gorgeous year round climate. DeBordieu is more than a holiday destination, it is also home to a modest number of fortunate folks that relish the premium Low Country Lifestyle as either permanent residents or second home owners. Come visit DeBordieu for a few days or a week and you may decide to stay forever.
ACTIVITIES: Beach, Swimming, Boating, Off Shore Fishing, On Shore Fishing, Championship Golf, Har Tru Clay Tennis Courts, Top Golf, Surf Fishing, Paddle Boarding, Museums, Plantation Tours, Wildlife Reserves, Sculpture and Botanical Gardens, Shopping, Historic Tours and Culinary Adventures. PLUS, we are only an hour from Charleston and 45 mins. from Myrtle Beach.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many property management companies and vacation properties supply Georgetown, SC area promotional magazines which include coupons, either offered independently by vendors, or via a partnership between the property manager and the vendor itself. These guides can provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Can you alter your vacation week? Off-peak times offer up sizeable bargains.
- Are you a military veteran? Many property management companies provide price savings to vets and active-duty forces. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some homes are primarily suited for specific types of travellers. Event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some properties cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are positioned close to music venues. You will definitely get the best value from a rental that most closely matches your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners commonly offer their customers the opportunity to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, provides guests reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed due to medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned motel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are surprised to discover the number of vacation rentals are available in their area of interest. With such a wide selection, renters are sure to discover a rental home which matches their desires and spending plan.
The majority of rental properties in Georgetown, SC are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and expertise to provide hassle-free operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Here are some tips and techniques to help you understand the vacation home search and reservation process.
Where to find and reserve the best rental property:
Do you believe "Second Row Home Inspired by the Nautilus is Just Steps to the Ocean" is the best vacation property for your upcoming trip? Read this guide to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many trendy destinations, In Georgetown, SC the best rentals are booked early. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months before your vacation. Many visitors decide to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Choose your Place and Travel Week
Quite often, the most challenging part of preparing for your vacation is figuring out where to search, and when. After the big decisions are resolved, everything else is easier.
Choosing an Properly-Sized Vacation rental
Establish who is traveling, and just how many/what sort of bedroom setup you will need. Bear in mind that most homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for the group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, get in touch with the property owner before you book.
Establish Your Budget
Will your favorite rental home fit your budget during that prime Summer week? Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions before reserving a costly rental home. Most rental documents require a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is the family trying to find? Are you looking for a rental home with outdoor kitchen? Will the unit need to be beachfront, in town, or close to shopping? Will the unit have bicycles and beach toys available during your stay? Gather a list of "needs and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate property.
Special Issues to consider
Often times the senior generation has problems with staircases. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, factor that into your search. Almost all property listings include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Make sure you include your best friend! Pet policies are different at each property. Study descriptions carefully. Many constraints could eliminate a potential rental home. Make certain to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
As soon as the area, dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the very best rental home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local vacation home management companies take pride in an exceptional rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read Through The Agreement
Read through the whole contract and be certain you understand who is responsible for:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Ensure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
If you'd like to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary for each property. Vacation home management companies and individual home owners often offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives comfort should catastrophe strike.
When you think you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Remember that most rental agreements will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the rental owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Put the property manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your stay.
Congratulations on reserving your rental! You're on the right path to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear when you arrive. Contact the property manager right away to report your findings. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts could be very helpful.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, condo access, swimming pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a visit much more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep all the rooms in the home for forgotten possessions. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, outdoor patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Once your things are all out, do a walk-through of the property to make certain no damage occurred in the course of your stay. Whenever possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Many property management companies and rental home sites permit renters to provide feedback. If your rental home and/or property manager was top-notch, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being pleasant but sincere regarding your experience. Top owners and managers will try hard to correct the situation.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Does everybody want to go back? If everything was outstanding, next year's family vacation planning will be simple and easy. If not, you have acquired useful rental search experience to help with another search.