- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fire Extinguisher
- Linens Provided
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyUNIT NAME: The Nautilus
LOCATION: Second row home just a brief walk to the beach
CLUB MEMBERSHIP: This home has a Sports Membership which gives you access to the 2 community pools at the Beach Club dining tennis and our champion Pete Dye golf course.
DETAILS: The Nautilus is an informal beach getaway with 5 bedrooms and 4 baths and includes architecture inspired by the sea's chambered nautilus. The home has 2 primary levels joined by 2 stairwell towers. The open design 1st level includes living room seating for 10 around the dining table and bar stool seating for 5 at the bar in the kitchen. The 2nd level includes a centrally located playroom/den with a sleeper couch and twin window bed and 2 bedrooms. There is an enclosed bathhouse with 2 dressing rooms bathroom and shower. Also a foot rinse outdoor the bathhouse. This home is a pet friendly unit. We do charge a pet fee so please notify the rental office if you are bringing a pet. Please adhere to the no smoking policy set forth by the owners.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: Sleeps 10 Master Bedroom: Queen Bed Private Tub/Shower Combination Guest Bedroom: 2 Twin Beds Shared hall bath; Tub only Guest Bedroom: 2 Twin Beds Shared hall bath; Tub only Guest Bedroom: 2 Twin Beds Shared hall bath; Tub only Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed Private Bath with Shower only
AMENITIES INCLUDE: Extra den wireless Internet washer and dryer outdoor space charcoal grille outdoor shower and delight linen and towels
SUMMER CHECK IN DAY: Friday
AVAILABLE SERVICES: Every guest has the opportunity to rent beach chairs beach umbrellas bicycles and kayaks. We can also arrange for grocery delivery in home massages manicures and pedicures. We can even set you up with a qualified babysitter. Here at DeBordieu Units we are proud to bring you this exceptional home and a unique set of services that make a holiday really memorable.
COMMUNITY: DeBordieu Colony is a very private oceanfront gated community located near Pawleys Island South Carolina on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. Most homes and villas offer onsite private DeBordieu Club niceties such as golf tennis and multiple dining options to DeBordieu Units visitors. Our natural luxuries include miles of beach and tidal creeks an on-site nature preserve with walking trails and bicycle paths and a alluring year round climate. DeBordieu is more than a holiday destination it is also home to a modest number of fortunate folks that appreciate the choice Low Country Lifestyle as either permanent residents or second home owners. Come visit DeBordieu for a few days or a week and you may decide to stay forever.
ACTIVITIES: Beach Swimming Boating Off Shore Fishing On Shore Fishing Championship Golf Har Tru Clay Tennis Courts Top Golf Surf Fishing Paddle Boarding Museums Plantation Tours Wildlife Reserves Sculpture and Botanical Gardens Shopping Historic Tours and Culinary Adventures. PLUS we are only an hour from Charleston and 45 mins. from Myrtle Beach.
ENHANCED CLEANING, DISINFECTION AND SANITIZATION: Our number one priority is the wellbeing and safety of our visitors. Our units are cleaned and sanitized by professionally trained and supplied housekeeper employees give greater security, quality and accountability. We do not utilize third event cleaning companies. We use CDC housekeeping protocols, approved disinfectants and personal protection equipment. Our units are private, well maintained, hygienic and sanitized. A whole safe and private space just for you and your family. Our linens and terry are cleaned and sanitized at our commercial laundry. For full details, please review our Enhanced Housekeeping documentation at https://www.tranquility-vacations.com/about/calm-cleaning-disinfection-sanitization.
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most established tourism bureaus will send you tourism guide books with special offers for accommodations, dining and tours. Be on the lookout for these books and coupon books, as this allows visitors to discover the very same attractions at a substantial discounted.
- Flexible about when you can take a trip? Shoulder seasons special offer terrific savings.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of rental companies offer markdowns to veterans and active-duty military. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting group qualifies for a markdown.
- Some homes are particularly suited for specific types of guests. Large event homes are great for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some rentals cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are positioned close to nightlife. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and points of interest you are most excited about.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed due to medical emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen motel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are shocked to learn the number of rental homes are available in their area of interest. With such a wide selection, renters are certain to come across a vacation home which matches their desires and spending budget.
Virtually all vacation rentals in Georgetown, SC are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management companies. Rental owners typically choose management companies to manage online marketing, housekeeping and routine maintenance.
We have constructed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental property experience.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental property:
Before you start to book "A Retreat to Create Memories for a Lifetime.", examine our short list of issues to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many desirable destinations, In Georgetown, SC the best rentals are booked early. To guarantee the greatest choice of rental homes, we recommend searching and reserving your Georgetown, SC vacation home 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Many households choose to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Agreement can often be complicated between family members, but once this tricky part is finished everything will quickly fall in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Remember that that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is suitable for the party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available on the internet. Otherwise, speak to the property owner before you book.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Spend?
Many rental homes are advertised with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your desired week. It may be at the top end of the range. If many groups or families are sharing the cost, confirm that each group knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be liable for the entire reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is the group looking for? Is a pool reallynecessary?Do you want a rental home with outdoor dining area? Will the property need to be beachfront, the downtown area, or near wildlife? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental property payment? Make a list of "necessities and preferences" from your party to help filter your search to the perfect rental.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Appropriate accessibility could make or break a trip for the less-mobile. Make sure to remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Are you or other individuals in the gang travelling with a family dog? Animal guidelines are different at each property. Read descriptions carefully. Type of pet, size and breeds could be limited. Study your agreement carefully! Charges may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Start your Search
Once the location, travel dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources for the best rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local vacation rental management companies take pride in a top-quality rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the vacation home has everything you need. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of similar homes that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an extra night. This is most effective during the off-peak season when many properties sit empty.
Study the Total Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. Many rental home agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers comfort should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Rental
Once you believe you've found "the one", start the reservation process. Remember that most rental agreements require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the property owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are attributed to your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. If you discover damage, or if repairs are needed contact the rental manager without delay.
- You might need instructions for a fireplace, Television or spa. Contact your rental manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call helps prevent many hassles.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a great source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Clean up a little. Even though you're having to pay a house cleaning fee, The rental should be in good shape. Sinks brimming with dirty dishes, substantial sand on the floor and sticky messes should be remedied before leaving.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damages. If possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Most vacation rental management companies and rental websites allow renters to provide comments. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was top notch, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something was unacceptable and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental was not as described, you'll want to make it a point in your comments.
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Did everybody have a blast? If everything was amazing, next year's trip planning is going to be easy. If not, you've gained useful experience to aid with another search.