- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fire Extinguisher
- Linens Provided
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUNIT NAME: The Nautilus
LOCATION: Second row home just a brief walk to the beach
CLUB MEMBERSHIP: This home has a Sports Membership which gives you access to the 2 community pools at the Beach Club dining tennis and our champion Pete Dye golf course.
DETAILS: The Nautilus is an informal beach getaway with 5 bedrooms and 4 baths and includes architecture inspired by the sea's chambered nautilus. The home has 2 primary levels joined by 2 stairwell towers. The open design 1st level includes living room seating for 10 around the dining table and bar stool seating for 5 at the bar in the kitchen. The 2nd level includes a centrally located playroom/den with a sleeper couch and twin window bed and 2 bedrooms. There is an enclosed bathhouse with 2 dressing rooms bathroom and shower. Also a foot rinse outdoor the bathhouse. This home is a pet friendly unit. We do charge a pet fee so please notify the rental office if you are bringing a pet. Please adhere to the no smoking policy set forth by the owners.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: Sleeps 10 Master Bedroom: Queen Bed Private Tub/Shower Combination Guest Bedroom: 2 Twin Beds Shared hall bath; Tub only Guest Bedroom: 2 Twin Beds Shared hall bath; Tub only Guest Bedroom: 2 Twin Beds Shared hall bath; Tub only Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed Private Bath with Shower only
AMENITIES INCLUDE: Extra den wireless Internet washer and dryer outdoor space charcoal grille outdoor shower and extravagance linen and towels
SUMMER CHECK IN DAY: Friday
AVAILABLE SERVICES: Every guest has the opportunity to rent beach chairs beach umbrellas bicycles and kayaks. We can also arrange for grocery delivery in home massages manicures and pedicures. We can even set you up with a qualified babysitter. Here at DeBordieu Units we are proud to bring you this marvelous home and a unique set of services that make a holiday really remarkable.
COMMUNITY: DeBordieu Colony is a very private oceanfront gated community located near Pawleys Island South Carolina on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. Most homes and villas offer onsite private DeBordieu Club niceties such as golf tennis and multiple dining options to DeBordieu Units visitors. Our natural amenities include miles of beach and tidal creeks an on-site nature preserve with walking trails and bicycle paths and a enchanting year round climate. DeBordieu is more than a holiday destination it is also home to a modest number of fortunate folks that adore the best Low Country Lifestyle as either permanent residents or second home owners. Come visit DeBordieu for a few days or a week and you may decide to stay forever.
ACTIVITIES: Beach Swimming Boating Off Shore Fishing On Shore Fishing Championship Golf Har Tru Clay Tennis Courts Top Golf Surf Fishing Paddle Boarding Museums Plantation Tours Wildlife Reserves Sculpture and Botanical Gardens Shopping Historic Tours and Culinary Adventures. PLUS we are only an hour from Charleston and 45 mins. from Myrtle Beach.
ENHANCED CLEANING, DISINFECTION AND SANITIZATION: Our number one priority is the wellbeing and safety of our visitors. Our units are cleaned and sanitized by professionally trained and supplied housekeeper employees give greater security, quality and accountability. We do not utilize third event cleaning companies. We use CDC housekeeping protocols, approved disinfectants and personal protection equipment. Our units are private, well maintained, hygienic and sanitized. A whole safe and private space just for you and your family. Our linens and terry are cleaned and sanitized at our commercial laundry. For full details, please review our Enhanced Housekeeping documentation at https://www.tranquility-vacations.com/about/peaceful-cleaning-disinfection-sanitization.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and vacation rental homes supply Georgetown, SC area travel discount magazines which feature deals, either offered individually by local companies, or by a relationship between the management company and the store itself. These guides can provide a good start to your rental search.
- Want to avoid the crowds and reduce costs? Shoulder seasons feature outstanding offers.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be able to get financial savings. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some homes are primarily designed for specific groups of visitors. Event homes are great for weddings, wedding parties and corporate retreats. Some rentals cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to night life. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and tours you are most excited about.
- Property management companies and individual rental home owners commonly offer customers the opportunity to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term price, provides buyers reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel.
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be surprised to find out just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available allows them to find an ideal getaway to fit their Georgetown, SC gang, from tranquil condos to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are popular with property owners mainly because they manage the marketing and operations..
We have put together a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental property experience.
How to find and reserve a great rental property:
Before you book "A Retreat to Create Memories for a Lifetime.", go through our short checklist of issues to consider.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Selection
Georgetown, SC rental properties book months (and up to a year) in advance. To assure the best selection of homes, we advise searching and booking your Georgetown, SC rental home 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever you can. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental..
Find your Spot and Confirm Dates
Consensus can often be challenging between relatives, but the moment this tricky part is complete everything will begin to drop in place.
Just How Much Rental Do You Really Need?
How many family members are joining your vacation? Keep in mind that most properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for the family. Most vacation home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
Many rental properties are advertised with a price range. Confirm the price for your chosen stay. It may be at the top end of the range. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before reserving a costly rental property. One member of your party will have to be in charge of getting payments and accepting responsibility for the complete rental payment at time of booking.
What property features is the family trying to find? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or nightlife? Will the unit have bikes and beach toys available for use during your stay? Build a list of priority features to guide filter your search.
Special Factors to consider
Frequently the elder generation has trouble with stairs. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are required, include that into your search. Most vacation rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other people in the crew visiting with a family pet? Dog guidelines are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. You'll want to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when pets are added.
Searching the Internet
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local agencies often have an exclusive collection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to make certain that the vacation home has everything required. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of very similar homes that better fit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an extra night. Negotiating rates is more effective during the off-season when many vacation rentals sit empty.
Study The Contract
Read the entire contract and be sure you fully understand who is liable for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Be sure to are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. Vacation rental management companies and individual property owners commonly offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental home rate, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed due to personal health care emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the property owner.
Where to Get Help
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To ensure no damages are linked to your stay, create a record of any trouble spots of the property. If you discover damages, or if repairs are required get in touch with the rental manager without delay. This may protect against conflicts during check out.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A brief phone call eliminates many headaches.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cupboards and wardrobes.
- When your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no damage occurred in the course of your stay. If possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Many property management companies and rental home sites make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they will likely appreciate your praise. If anything went wrong, we advise being kind but straightforward regarding your stay. The best owners and managers will try very hard to correct the situation.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your family. Did everyone have a blast? Maybe everything ended up being ideal and you are all set to reserve the same property for your next vacation. Otherwise, you have acquired invaluable experience to help with another search.