- As low as $350/Night
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- 2 bathrooms
- 5 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- No pets allowed
- On the river
- Outdoor furniture
- Property does not allow children
- Shower/tub combination
- Sleeps 10
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- No children allowed
Appreciate tranquility and peaceful in your own cabin on the river. Home features a great outdoor entainment area surrounding a firepit. Recently, a guest bungalow has been added as an option with the main cabin and new renovations including a new well and refurbished dock. A boardwalk provides a spectacular nature walk through striking cypress swamp toward the deep-water dock on the North Santee River, not far from Hopsewee Plantation. A private community boat launch can be found close by as well as Pole Yard Public Boat Landing adjacent to Hwy 17 on the North Santee. This property is an ideal get-away for bird enthusiasts, history buffs, hunters, and fishermen. You are just a few mins. from the great eateries and attractions in McClellanville and Georgetown.
Washer/Dryer, Linens Supplied, Air Conditioning, Essential Toiletries, Indoor Fireplace, Heating, Wifi, Mosquito-Treated, Gas Grille, Smoker & option of adding 1 b/r bungalow to rental of the main home.
Bedroom Configuration: 2 b/rs down with queen bed in each and a living room nook area with full bed; 2 b/rs up with 2 singles and a queen in one and one queen in the other. Option of adding bungalow a few feet across from main home. Details included as to the additional cost.
About the Area
Located in Georgetown, this vacation home is on a river. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Hampton Plantation State Park and North Island Beach, while Hopsewee Plantation and Outlaw's Original Art Gallery and Museum are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the best Georgetown rental home experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- Summer is high season in Georgetown. Reserve your Georgetown, SC rental home in Fall or Spring months to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Georgetown, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- The earlier you can book a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The best vacation rentals are booked very early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your vacation is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and book your rental.
- Property managers sometimes offer rate reductions for veterans. Ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your family before you book.
- Property managers often offer customers an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local Georgetown, SC visitors guide magazine upon checking in. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitor guides have discounts for nearby restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Choosing the perfect rental in the Georgetown, SC area:
- Select a group leader, select your trip dates, and select a maximum budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration you need. Santee House - 747 Crow Hill Road - McClellanville, SC has 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is almost always accessible on booking pages. If they are not listed, email the property management company before you reserve the property. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull out couches in living rooms. You'll need to determine what is best for your vacation.
- Are you visiting for a single attraction? Use a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. .
- Some properties allow pets, and others do not. Allowable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the property management company about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
Tips for a smooth stay:
- Add the owner's phone number to your smartphone. Take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- During arrival, record any issues with the rental property and immediately alert the host. Record all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, intercom or washer/dryer. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents many issues.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You'll increase your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are a fantastic source for finding the best local beaches and restaurants.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Keep your rental home locked while you are gone! Don't let crooks spoil your vacation.
- Re-check every room of the vacation property to make sure that you've packed everything on check-out day. Re-check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a great stay? Many rental management companies make it easy for customers to provide reviews. If your property and/or host was fantastic, they would love to hear about it. If anything was amiss and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.