- As low as $350/Night
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- 5 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- On the river
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Pet friendly
- Shower/tub combination
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- Welcoming cats and dogs only
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Savor tranquility and peaceful in your own cabin on the river. Home features a great outdoor entainment area surrounding a firepit. Recently, a guest bungalow has been added as an option with the main cabin and new renovations including a new well and refurbished dock. A boardwalk provides a spectacular nature walk through gorgeous cypress swamp toward the deep-water dock on the North Santee River, not far from Hopsewee Plantation. A private community boat launch can be found close by as well as Pole Yard Public Boat Landing adjacent to Hwy 17 on the North Santee. This property is an ideal get-away for bird enthusiasts, history buffs, hunters, and fishermen. You are just a few mins. from the great eateries and attractions in McClellanville and Georgetown.
Washer/Dryer, Linens Included, Air Conditioning, Essential Toiletries, Indoor Fireplace, Heating, Wifi, Mosquito-Treated, Gas Grille, Smoker & option of adding 1 b/r bungalow to rental of the main home.
Bedroom Configuration: 2 b/rs down with queen bed in each and a living room nook area with full bed; 2 b/rs up with 2 singles and a queen in one and one queen in the other. Option of adding bungalow a few feet across from main home. Details supplied as to the additional cost.
About the Area
Located in Georgetown, this vacation home is on a river. Hopsewee Plantation and Battery White are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Hampton Plantation State Park and Cape San Roman Beach.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Dogs and cats only
- 2 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Georgetown rental property booking tips:
Sticking to a budget:
- Book your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer rentals during Winter holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- To get the best value, change your family's Georgetown, SC vacation to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and even October offer great weather, less crowded beaches, and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Georgetown, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- Owners sometimes offer promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Check with your property manager to see if special discounts are available for your family.
- Property management companies frequently offer their guests an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Find a copy of your local Georgetown, SC visitors guide when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitor guide magazines have discounts for nearby shops and restaurants.
Planning, selecting, and booking your prefectvacation home:
- Choose vacation dates and budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration your family requires. Santee House - 747 Crow Hill Road - McClellanville, SC has 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is often available on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, call the property manager before reserving the vacation home. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches. You will need to determine what bed configuration is best for your vacation.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you'll need to find a pet-friendly rental. Request specifics on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Note that some property owners charge pet deposits and fees.
- Looking for unique amenities? Most rental websites include search filters with amenity lists. Use these to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking
More tips for your stay:
- Store the manager's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, television set or thermostat. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent a lot of concerns.
- Lock your rental property while you are away! Don't let crooks spoil your vacation.
- To ensure that no damages are linked to your family's visit, inspect the rental for any problem areas upon your arrival. Make contact with the host immediately to document any damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Be a good neighbor. Often, nearby homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Double-check the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all of your family's items at check-out. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Leave feedback! Hosts rely on excellent feedback to inspire more bookings. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will will be grateful for your review find their best rental home. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.