- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Linens Provided
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUNIT NAME: Water's Edge
LOCATION: Near Sea
CLUB MEMBERSHIP: This home has a Sports Membership which gives you access to the 2 community pools at the Beach Club dining tennis exercise center and our champion Pete Dye golf course.
DETAILS: Just beyond the dunes Water's Edge is a comfortable sea view villa located near beach walkway pool and Beach Club.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: Sleeps 6
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed Private Bathroom
Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed
Guest Bedroom: 2 Extra Long Twin Beds
Queen Bedroom and Twin Bedroom share a Hall Bathroom
AMENITIES INCLUDE: You will have everything you need in this charmingly decorated villa; Very elegant kitchen and baths; patio, garage, wireless internet, HDTVs, DVDs, audio system, rent library, charcoal grille, complimentary standing ice maker. Please adhere to the no smoking and no pet policy set forth by the owner.
SUMMER CHECK IN DAY: Saturday
AVAILABLE SERVICES: Every guest has the opportunity to rent beach chairs beach umbrellas bicycles and kayaks. We can also arrange for grocery delivery. We can even set you up with a qualified babysitter. Here at DeBordieu Units we are proud to bring you this fantastic home and a unique set of services that make a holiday really remarkable.
COMMUNITY: DeBordieu Colony is a very private oceanfront gated community located near Pawleys Island South Carolina on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. Most homes and villas offer onsite private DeBordieu Club niceties such as golf tennis and multiple dining options to DeBordieu Units visitors. Our natural amenities include miles of beach and tidal creeks an on-site nature preserve with walking trails and bicycle paths and a enchanting year round climate. DeBordieu is more than a holiday destination it is also home to a modest number of fortunate folks that savor the peerless Low Country Lifestyle as either permanent residents or second home owners. Come visit DeBordieu for a few days or a week and you may decide to stay forever.
ACTIVITIES: Beach Swimming Boating Off Shore Fishing On Shore Fishing Championship Golf Har Tru Clay Tennis Courts Top Golf Surf Fishing Paddle Boarding Museums Plantation Tours Wildlife Reserves Sculpture and Botanical Gardens Shopping Historic Tours and Culinary Adventures. PLUS we are only an hour from Charleston and 45 mins. from Myrtle Beach.
ENHANCED CLEANING, DISINFECTION AND SANITIZATION: Our number one priority is the wellbeing and safety of our visitors. Our units are cleaned and sanitized by professionally trained and supplied housekeeper employees give greater security, quality and accountability. We do not utilize third event cleaning companies. We use CDC housekeeping protocols, approved disinfectants and personal protection equipment. Our units are private, well maintained, hygienic and sanitized. A whole safe and private space just for you and your family. Our linens and terry are cleaned and sanitized at our commercial laundry. For full details, please review our Enhanced Housekeeping documentation at https://www.peaceful-vacations.com/about/calm-cleaning-disinfection-sanitization.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most established tourism bureaus will send you promotional travel guide books with deals for vacation rentals, dining and attractions. Look for these catalogs and promotional books, since this allows travelers to discover the same great activities with a quite often significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to alter your trip dates? Shoulder seasons offer terrific savings.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for cost savings. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling group is eligible for a markdown.
- Some vacation rentals are basically designed to serve specific vacationers, whether it's beachfront units with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have their own jetski launching areas. If there's a certain Georgetown, SC activity that you love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed due to health emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
The Rental Process
You might be surprised to find out just how many rental properties are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, technology and practical experience to provide effortless operational administration on behalf of the owner..
Here are some ideas and methods to help you understand the rental home search and booking process.
How to find and reserve the perfect rental home:
Do you think "Just beyond the dunes Water's Edge is a cozy ocean view villa" is the perfect vacation property for your next vacation? Read this checklist to confirm it fits your preferences.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Georgetown, SC vacation homes start booking very early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental..
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Start by picking which specific area of Georgetown, SC you would like to visit, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Establish who is joining, and just how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Try to remember that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is suitable for the company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible online. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you reserve the home.
Stay on a Budget
Will the chosen rental suit your budget during that popular Summer week? If multiple groups or relatives are sharing the cost, confirm that each group understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. Typically, a single person in the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and getting each family member's share.
Rental Home Amenities
What amenities is your family interested in? Are you looking for a rental property with patio lounge? Do you wish to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Will the property have bikes and body boards available for use during your stay? Make a list of "necessities and wants" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect rental.
Oftentimes the elder generation has problems with stairways. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, factor that into your search. Most vacation rental listings include a list of amenities.
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Be sure to include your companion! Although many rentals allow pets or animals, guidelines and fees fluctuate per rental. Don't forget to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when animals are included.
It Is Time to Search
When the place, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources to get the best rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation home management companies take pride in a superior rental experience.
When you've identified your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an extra night. Your easiest possibility of a reduced rate is shifting to a less desirable week.
Read the Entire Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you relief should catastrophe strike.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Information
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations on booking your rental home! You're on the way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any damage as soon as you arrive. Get in touch with the property manager right away to report your findings.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, house access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Please be respectful of the local community. Local people will be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a vacation a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Make certain to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check each space of the rental to confirm you've gathered all personal belongings.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damages. We advise walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Virtually all rental home websites seek reviews after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your favorable ratings. If something went wrong, we advise being understanding but completely honest with regards to rental experience. Top owners and managers will work very hard to correct the issue.
Did they like the rental choice? With a little luck everything ended up being fantastic and you are ready to reserve the same rental home for next season. Otherwise, you have acquired invaluable experience to aid with your next search.