- As low as $662/Night
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- DVD player
- 4 bathrooms
- 5 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a hospital
- Near the bay
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Shared/communal pool
- Shower/tub combination
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
PROPERTY NAME: Cherry Blossom Retreat
LOCATION: Near Ocean
DETAILS: You couldn't ask for a more striking completely modernized villa with spectacular ocean vistas! Conveniently located next to the Beach Club playground Recreation Center and pool Cherry Blossom Retreat is top notch when it comes to where you want to bring your family to relax.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: Sleeps 12
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed Private Bathroom with shower no tub
Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed Private Bathroom
Guest Bedroom: 2 Double Beds Hall Bathroom
Guest Bedroom: 2 Double Beds
Guest Bedroom: 2 sets of bunk Beds
The 2 double beds and 2 sets of bunk beds downstairs share a Bathroom
AMENITIES INCLUDE: This handsome villa features 5 bedrooms 4 baths, open living room, dining room, impressive appliances in kitchen, additional den, outside shower, wireless internet, and open porches; big screen TVs in every bedroom. There is no grille. Please adhere to the no smoking and no pet policy set forth by the owner.
Beginning March 1st! BEACH GEAR PROVIDED: Peace Vacations has partnered with VayK Gear to offer beach gear units to our guests! Guest reservations of 3 to 21 nights receive a valuable credit to use towards beach gear units during your stay! The credit amount for this property is $35 a day. You may use this credit for bicycles, beach chairs and umbrellas, beach carts and more - the choice is yours!
SUMMER CHECK IN DAY: Saturday
AVAILABLE SERVICES: Every guest has the opportunity to rent beach chairs beach umbrellas bicycles and kayaks. We can also arrange for grocery delivery. We can even set you up with a qualified babysitter. Here at DeBordieu Units we are proud to bring you this marvelous home and a unique set of services that make a vacation really memorable.
COMMUNITY: DeBordieu Colony is a very private, oceanfront gated community located near Pawleys Island, South Carolina on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. For a fee, most homes and villas offer onsite private DeBordieu Club amenities such as golf, tennis, and multiple dining options to DeBordieu Units guests. Our natural amenities include miles of beach and tidal creeks, an on-site nature preserve with walking trails and bicycle paths, and a enchanting year round climate. DeBordieu is more than a vacation destination, it is also home to a modest number of fortunate folks that savor the best Low Country Lifestyle as either permanent residents or second home owners. Come visit DeBordieu for a few days or a week and you may decide to stay forever.
CLUB MEMBERSHIP: This home has a Social Membership. In order to access the benefits of this membership, it is necessary to purchase a temporary club membership. This will give you access to the 2 community pools at the Beach Club and dining. A temporary club membership can be arranged for $200 a day plus a $20 activation fee. These costs do not cover individual luxury costs. For more information and assistance regarding this matter, please contact the DeBordieu Club's Office Manager, Dori Laffin at 843-527-6020 or email@example.com.
ACTIVITIES: Beach, Swimming, Boating, Off Shore Fishing, On Shore Fishing, Championship Golf, Har Tru Clay Tennis Courts, Top Golf, Surf Fishing, Paddle Boarding, Museums, Plantation Tours, Wildlife Reserves, Sculpture and Botanical Gardens, Shopping, Historic Tours, and Culinary Adventures. PLUS we are only an hour from Charleston and 45 mins. from Myrtle Beach.
ENHANCED CLEANING, DISINFECTION AND SANITIZATION: Our number one priority is the wellbeing and safety of our guests. Our properties are cleaned and sanitized by professionally trained and equipped housekeeper employees provide greater security, quality and accountability. We do not utilize third event cleaning companies. We use CDC housekeeping protocols, approved disinfectants and personal protection equipment. Our properties are private, well maintained, hygienic and sanitized. A whole safe and private space just for you and your family. Our linens and terry are cleaned and sanitized at our commercial laundry. For full details, please review our Enhanced Housekeeping documentation at https://www.tranquility-vacations.com/about/peace-cleaning-disinfection-sanitization.
About the Area
Located in Georgetown, this villa is by the sea. Rice Museum and Georgetown County Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Hobcaw Barony and Hampton Plantation State Historic Site. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips to get the perfect vacation rental experience:
When to reserve a Georgetown, SC rental & When to go:
- Summer months are high season in Georgetown. Reserving a rental home in Spring or Fall is a great way to save on your vacation. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of suitable homes. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during June, July, and August.
- In the Georgetown, SC area, The sooner you can reserve a home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation homes are reserved very early. Booking your vacation rental 6-12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and book your rental home.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host if your vacationing group qualifies for a discount.
- Property managers frequently offer customers an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for details.
- Find a copy of your local Georgetown, SC visitors guide when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, travel guide magazines have coupons for local tours, shops, and attractions.
How to choose the perfect rental in the Georgetown, SC area:
- Begin by selecting your vacation dates and a spending budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration your group needs. You couldn't ask for a more breathtaking completely renovated villa with spectacular ocean views! has 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed types is often accessible on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, call the property owner before reserving the vacation property. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You will need to establish what is best for your family.
- Are you looking for special amenities? Most websites include amenity lists and search filters. Use these filters to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. .
- Traveling with pets? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Remember to ask the property manager before booking, and study your agreement! Additional fees or charges may be applied to your invoice.
Tips to have a terrific stay:
- Get the owner's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. Put the host's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- To make sure that damages are not linked to your visit, inspect the property for any problem areas upon your arrival. E-mail the host immediately to record any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Hosts are available to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful vacationers disrupting your home life. Practice the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and places you would've not otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually help. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your vacation home while you're out and about. Keep your property safe!
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, walk through the rental property to confirm you've collected everything. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Please make sure to walk through the property one final time and scan for any damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can. If the manager isn't available, remember to take photographs of the rental to record its condition.
- Did you have a fantastic time? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your property and/or host was terrific, they would love to hear it. If anything was out of order and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.