- As low as $524/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- DVD player
- 4 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Beach umbrellas
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Charcoal grill
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- Gated community
- Hair dryer
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Kayak on site
- Limited onsite parking (max 2 spaces)
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a hospital
- Near the bay
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Shared/communal pool
- Shower/tub combination
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
PROPERTY NAME: Blue Lagoon
LOCATION: Golf Course
DETAILS: If you need a vacation spot that exudes peaceful tranquility and relaxation this home is ideal for you! You will appreciate golf course vistas lake vistas and a golf cart ride to the beach.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: Sleeps 10 comfortably
Master Bedroom: King Bed Private Bathroom with whirlpool tub
Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed Private Bathroom
Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed
Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed
These two Queen bedrooms share a hall bathroom
Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed Private Bathroom
AMENITIES INCLUDE: Blue Lagoon also features living room, dining, study with sleep couch, screened porch and open decks; TVs,DVD, stereo, wireless Internet, outside shower, charcoal grille, washer and dryer, 2 car garage, Keurig and traditional coffee maker. Please adhere to the no smoking and no pet policy set forth by the owner.
Beginning March 1st! BEACH GEAR PROVIDED: Peace Vacations has partnered with VayK Gear to offer beach gear units to our guests! Guest reservations of 3 to 21 nights receive a valuable credit to use towards beach gear units during your stay! The credit amount for this property is $50 a day. You may use this credit for bicycles, beach chairs and umbrellas, beach carts and more - the choice is yours!
SUMMER CHECK IN DAY: Saturday
AVAILABLE SERVICES: Every guest has the opportunity to rent beach chairs beach umbrellas bicycles and kayaks. We can also arrange for grocery delivery and in home chef services. We can even set you up with a qualified babysitter. Here at DeBordieu Units we are proud to bring you this striking home and a unique set of services that make a vacation really memorable.
COMMUNITY: DeBordieu Colony is a very private, oceanfront gated community located near Pawleys Island, South Carolina on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. For a fee, most homes and villas offer onsite private DeBordieu Club amenities such as golf, tennis, and multiple dining options to DeBordieu Units guests. Our natural amenities include miles of beach and tidal creeks, an on-site nature preserve with walking trails and bicycle paths, and a enchanting year round climate. DeBordieu is more than a vacation destination, it is also home to a modest number of fortunate folks that savor the best Low Country Lifestyle as either permanent residents or second home owners. Come visit DeBordieu for a few days or a week and you may decide to stay forever.
CLUB MEMBERSHIP: This home has a Social Membership which gives you access to the 2 community pools at the Beach Club and dining. A temporary club membership can be arranged for $200 a day plus a $20 activation fee. These costs do not cover individual conveniences costs. For more information, please contact the DeBordieu Club's Office Manager, Dori Laffin at 843-527-6020 or email@example.com.
ACTIVITIES: Beach, Swimming, Boating, Off Shore Fishing, On Shore Fishing, Championship Golf, Har Tru Clay Tennis Courts, Top Golf, Surf Fishing, Paddle Boarding, Museums, Plantation Tours, Wildlife Reserves, Sculpture and Botanical Gardens, Shopping, Historic Tours, and Culinary Adventures. PLUS we are only an hour from Charleston and 45 mins. from Myrtle Beach.
ENHANCED CLEANING, DISINFECTION AND SANITIZATION: Our number one priority is the wellbeing and safety of our guests. Our properties are cleaned and sanitized by professionally trained and equipped housekeeper employees provide greater security, quality and accountability. We do not utilize third event cleaning companies. We use CDC housekeeping protocols, approved disinfectants and personal protection equipment. Our properties are private, well maintained, hygienic and sanitized. A whole safe and private space just for you and your family. Our linens and terry are cleaned and sanitized at our commercial laundry. For full details, please review our Enhanced Housekeeping documentation at https://www.peace-vacations.com/about/peace-cleaning-disinfection-sanitization.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Georgetown. Rice Museum and Georgetown County Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club and Caledonia Golf and Fish Club. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Georgetown vacation rental home tips:
Finding your perfect rental home:
- In the Georgetown, SC area, The sooner you can reserve a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable properties are booked very early. Booking your vacation rental six - twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental property.
- Booking a rental in Fall or Spring is our favorite way to save money on your rental home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of suitable properties. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Georgetown, SC vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Property managers sometimes offer special rates for veterans and active duty military. Check with your property manager to see if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Property managers usually offer their guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local Georgetown, SC area magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitors guides contain deals for nearby tours and attractions.
Planning and picking a perfect Georgetown, SC rental home:
- Choose your dates and spending budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration your group requires. Feel the Breeze in this waterfront Home has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts is normally available on booking pages. Otherwise, reach out to the host before you book the property. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, filter your search for a rental that allows animals. Get details on breed, size, and type requirements. Some hosts charge additional pet fees.
- If there's a particular Georgetown, SC attraction you love, look for homes that are either nearby, or those that cater to your needs.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are included before reserving a rental
More tips for your visit:
- Get the property manager's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental home. Store the manager's contact information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, A/V setup or kitchen appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent a lot of problems.
- Keep the property locked while you're away! Don't let burglars ruin your family vacation.
- To ensure that damages are not linked to your stay, inspect for any problem areas upon your arrival. Make contact with the host immediately to record any issues. If there is a dispute, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be useful.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are often an incredible resource to find the best local beaches and restaurants.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to enjoy a steak with a view, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, take a walk through the rental to confirm you've collected all personal items. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Leave feedback! Hosts rely on great feedback to stimulate new reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will be thankful you shared your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to solve it.