- 6 Bedrooms
- 7.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Travel Crib
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyUNIT NAME: The Porches
LOCATION: Pondfront - located right off of our superb BeachHouse Pond. Private Beach Access for Sea Oaks Community right down the street.
CLUB MEMBERSHIP: This home has a Social Membership which gives you access to the 2 community pools at the Beach Club and dining.
DETAILS: Spoil yourself in this enormous home with great pond vistas. This home offers 6 bedrooms and 6.5 baths. A wrap around porch/ sunbathing outdoor space, and outdoor grilling area. The ideal place for your family, very cavernous! Elevator, gas fireplace, ice maker, and wireless Internet access. NO SMOKING. Please adhere to the no smoking and no dogs and cats policy set forth by the owner.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: Sleeps 14
- Master Bedroom: King Bed, Private Bathroom with Walk-in Shower
- Guest Bedroom: King Bed, Private Bathroom with Walk-in Shower
- Guest Bedroom: King Bed, Private Bathroom with Shower/Tub Combo
- Guest Bedroom: 2 Queen Beds, Private Bathroom with Walk-in Shower
- Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed, Private Bathroom with Shower/Tub Combo
- Guest Bedroom: 2 Twin Beds w/ Crib, Hall Bath
AMENITIES INCLUDE: A roomy sunbathing outdoor space, and outdoor grilling and seating overlooking the BeachHouse pond. There is also a opulent kitchen with additional refrigeration and ice maker, bounteous open porches w/ seating. There is an elevator, gas fireplace, wet bar w/ice maker, washer, dryer, wireless Internet access and comfort linen and towels.
SUMMER CHECK IN DAY: Friday
COMMUNITY: DeBordieu Colony is a very private, oceanfront gated community located near Pawleys Island, South Carolina on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. Most homes and villas offer onsite private DeBordieu Club niceties such as golf, tennis, and multiple dining options to DeBordieu Units visitors. Our natural comforts include miles of beach and tidal creeks, an on-site nature preserve with walking trails and bicycle paths, and a exhilarating year round climate. DeBordieu is more than a holiday destination, it is also home to a modest number of fortunate folks that savor the best Lowcountry Lifestyle as either permanent residents or second home owners. Come visit DeBordieu for a few days or a week and you may decide to stay forever.
ACTIVITIES: Beach, Swimming, Boating, Off Shore Fishing, On Shore Fishing, Championship Golf, Har Tru Clay Tennis Courts, Top Golf, Surf Fishing, Paddle Boarding, Museums, Plantation Tours, Wildlife Reserves, Sculpture and Botanical Gardens, Shopping, Historic Tours and Culinary Adventures. PLUS, we are only an hour from Charleston and 45 mins. from Myrtle Beach.
ENHANCED CLEANING, DISINFECTION AND SANITIZATION: Our number one priority is the wellbeing and safety of our visitors. We have contactless check-ins and check-outs. Our units are cleaned and sanitized by professionally trained and supplied housekeeper employees who give higher quality, greater security and personal accountability. We never utilize third event cleaning companies. We use CDC housekeeping protocols, approved disinfectants and personal protection equipment. Our units are private, well maintained, hygienic and sanitized. A whole safe and private space just for you and your family. Our linens and terry are cleaned and sanitized at our commercial laundry. For full details, please review our Enhanced Cleaning documentation at https://www.debordieurentals.com/about/debordieu-cleaning-disinfection-sanitization.
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will send you promotional travel guides with promotions for property management companies, restaurants and activities. These guides may provide a good start to your rental search.
- Flexible about when you might travel? Off-peak times offer up sizable markdowns.
- Are you a military veteran? Quite a few vacation rental companies offer price reductions to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some vacation rentals are basically catered to specific guests, whether it is downtown homes with pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have their own windsurfing launching areas. If there's a particular Georgetown, SC atteaction that you just love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance along with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a result of medical emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen motel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Vacation Rental Tips & Tricks
You might be surprised to discover how many rental properties are available at your destination. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation homes are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their rental, management companies are instrumental in helping guests with reserving, check-in, housekeeping, and any maintenance problems that may occur.
We've assembled a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental property experience.
How to find and book the best vacation rental:
Before you book "6 Bedroom, 6.5 Bath w/ Open Porches overlooking our Beach House Pond @ DeBordieu! The Porches", review our short collection of considerations.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many renowned vacation spots, In Georgetown, SC the best rentals are booked early. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental..
Select a Village and Date
Quite often, the toughest portion of preparing for your vacation is figuring out where to search, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, the rest becomes much easier.
How Many Bedrooms?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Keep in mind that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for the family. Most vacation home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stick to a Budget
Will the preferred vacation property fit your budget during that popular Summer week? Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from company before booking a pricey rental property. Generally, just one person in the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and collecting each person's share.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your group looking for? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Do you want to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental property payment? Make a list of prioritized "needs and wants" from your company to help narrow your search to the most suitable home.
Suitable access could make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is necessary, include that into your search. Almost all vacation home postings include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Remember to include your best friend! Even though quite a few vacation homes permit household pets, rules and charges vary per property. Type of animal, size and breeds might be limited. Study your agreement carefully! Service fees may apply when pets are included. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start your Search
A number of websites exist to match guests with property owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Local property management companies proudly offer a top-quality rental experience.
Re-read the description to be certain the rental home has everything that you need. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of very similar properties that better suit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. The off-season offers your best opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Study the Entire Agreement
Read the whole agreement and make certain you understand who is liable for:
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. Many vacation property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental cost, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
When you feel you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend storing the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations on reserving your rental home! You're on your way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental home right away. Call the property manager immediately to report your findings. This will prevent conflicts during check out.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, house access, pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Please be considerate of the community. Residents are likely to be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a vacation much more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction.
- Be sure to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Double-check each room of the rental to confirm you've packed all belongings.
- Once everything is out, perform a walk-through of the property to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. If it is possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Most vacation rental websites request feedback after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If something went wrong, we recommend being understanding but straightforward regarding your stay. Top property owners and managers will try hard to correct the situation.
Did they love their vacation? If everything was fantastic, next year's vacation planning is going to be quick. Otherwise, you have acquired invaluable rental search experience that can help with another search.