- 6 Bedrooms
- 7.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Smoke Detector
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUNIT NAME: The Porches
LOCATION: Pondfront - located right off of our elegant BeachHouse Pond. Private Beach Access for Sea Oaks Community right down the street.
CLUB MEMBERSHIP: This home has a Social Membership which gives you access to the 2 community pools at the Beach Club and dining.
DETAILS: Spoil yourself in this roomy home with great pond vistas. This home offers 6 bedrooms and 6.5 baths. A wrap around porch/ sunbathing outdoor space, and outdoor grilling area. The ideal place for your family, very enormous! Elevator, gas fireplace, ice maker, and wireless Internet access. NO SMOKING. Please adhere to the no smoking and no family dogs and cats policy set forth by the owner.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: Sleeps 14
- Master Bedroom: King Bed, Private Bathroom with Walk-in Shower
- Guest Bedroom: King Bed, Private Bathroom with Walk-in Shower
- Guest Bedroom: King Bed, Private Bathroom with Shower/Tub Combo
- Guest Bedroom: 2 Queen Beds, Private Bathroom with Walk-in Shower
- Guest Bedroom: Queen Bed, Private Bathroom with Shower/Tub Combo
- Guest Bedroom: 2 Twin Beds w/ Crib, Hall Bath
AMENITIES INCLUDE: A cavernous sunbathing outdoor space, and outdoor grilling and seating overlooking the BeachHouse pond. There is also a comfortable kitchen with additional refrigeration and ice maker, big open porches w/ seating. There is an elevator, gas fireplace, wet bar w/ice maker, washer, dryer, wireless Internet access and comfort linen and towels.
SUMMER CHECK IN DAY: Friday
COMMUNITY: DeBordieu Colony is a very private, oceanfront gated community located near Pawleys Island, South Carolina on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. Most homes and villas offer onsite private DeBordieu Club luxuries such as golf, tennis, and multiple dining options to DeBordieu Units visitors. Our natural niceties include miles of beach and tidal creeks, an on-site nature preserve with walking trails and bicycle paths, and a alluring year round climate. DeBordieu is more than a holiday destination, it is also home to a modest number of fortunate folks that appreciate the choice Lowcountry Lifestyle as either permanent residents or second home owners. Come visit DeBordieu for a few days or a week and you may decide to stay forever.
ACTIVITIES: Beach, Swimming, Boating, Off Shore Fishing, On Shore Fishing, Championship Golf, Har Tru Clay Tennis Courts, Top Golf, Surf Fishing, Paddle Boarding, Museums, Plantation Tours, Wildlife Reserves, Sculpture and Botanical Gardens, Shopping, Historic Tours and Culinary Adventures. PLUS, we are only an hour from Charleston and 45 mins. from Myrtle Beach.
ENHANCED CLEANING, DISINFECTION AND SANITIZATION: Our number one priority is the wellbeing and safety of our visitors. We have contactless check-ins and check-outs. Our units are cleaned and sanitized by professionally trained and supplied housekeeper employees who give higher quality, greater security and personal accountability. We never utilize third event cleaning companies. We use CDC housekeeping protocols, approved disinfectants and personal protection equipment. Our units are private, well maintained, hygienic and sanitized. A whole safe and private space just for you and your family. Our linens and terry are cleaned and sanitized at our commercial laundry. For full details, please review our Enhanced Cleaning documentation at https://www.debordieurentals.com/about/debordieu-cleaning-disinfection-sanitization.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will send you promotional guides with savings for lodging, restaurants and activities. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Desire to stay away from crowds and reduce costs? Off-peak times offer up sizeable savings.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many management companies offer discounted prices to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to check with property owner to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a special offer.
- Some properties are primarily designed for specific types of vacationers. Event homes are best for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate escapes. Some rentals appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are situated close to night life. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and landmarks you are most excited about.
- Think about investing in trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their rental costs for any missed resulting from medical emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or extra gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Rental Home
First-timers are oftentimes surprised at the number and selection of weekly vacation rentals available in the Georgetown, SC area. With such a big selection, vacationers are sure to come across a vacation home which matches their wishes and price range.
The vast majority of rentals in Georgetown, SC are privately owned and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are instrumental in helping guests with reserving, checking-in, house cleaning services, as well as routine maintenance problems that may occur.
Below are some tips and tactics to help you understand the vacation home search and booking process.
Finding and booking the right vacation property:
Do you believe "6 Bedroom, 6.5 Bath w/ Open Porches overlooking our Beach House Pond @ DeBordieu! The Porches" is the best rental for your next family vacation? Browse through this guide to confirm it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Frequently
Georgetown, SC vacation rentals start booking very early. To ensure the most desirable choice of vacation rentals, we advise searching and reserving your Georgetown, SC vacation home Six-12 months in advance, whenever you can. Many groups plan to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Oftentimes, the hardest part of scheduling your vacation is choosing where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, everything else is much easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are planning to share your trip? Keep in mind that many rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for your company. Most vacation home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stay on a Budget
Make sure that "6 Bedroom, 6.5 Bath w/ Open Porches overlooking our Beach House Pond @ DeBordieu! The Porches" suits your price range *during your desired week*. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to booking a costly rental. Generally, a single person in the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and recovering each person's share.
Create a list of "Wants" and "Necessities"
What home features is the group looking for? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Does the property need to be oceanfront, the downtown area, or near night life? Are bed linens offered with the rental, or do you need to take your own? Build a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Elderly family members will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-access-only property on the Third floor. Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Don't forget to include your companion! Dog guidelines are different at each rental property. Study descriptions carefully. Ensure that you read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *before* you book!
Start your Search
When the place, time and people are decided, search multiple resources to get the best vacation home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Georgetown, SC local vacation homes" for local rental management companies. Local agencies usually have an exclusive selection of rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the property has everything required. If it is something is missing, the rental home management company may know of similar properties that better suit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is most effective through the off-season when many rental homes sit empty.
Study the Total Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the regular price, guests will have to pay local taxes when booking "6 Bedroom, 6.5 Bath w/ Open Porches overlooking our Beach House Pond @ DeBordieu! The Porches", in addition to various other fees that may be required based upon their circumstances, including a pet charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
If you want to Cancel
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to booking. Rental management companies and rental owners commonly offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the base rental home rate, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed resulting from personal health related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Be sure to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend storing the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your rental! You're on your way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage as soon as you arrive. If you find damages, or if fixes are required call the home manager immediately.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, property access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A brief phone call prevents many headaches.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents will likely be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a trip a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Make certain to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all your things. Sweep all the rooms in the house for forgotten possessions. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, decks, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to make sure that no damage occurred during your remain. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Just about all rental management companies and rental websites allow renters to give reviews. If the rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we advise being kind but genuine regarding your experience. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the issue.
Learn and Improve
Does everybody want to re-book next year? Ideally everything was fantastic and you are happy to reserve the same rental for next season. If the rental property was not perfect, and you will better know how to improve your search for the next vacation.